Board Sevices Corporate Secretary -55615
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Jun 20, 2022
Job End Date: Dec 14, 2022
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 120549
Position Title: Consultant, Board Services
Line of Business: Administration - Corporate Secretary Division - Board Services
Target Start Date: ASAP June 20th, 2022
Duration: 6 Months
Potential for this contract to be extended or converted to FTE? Possibility for both based on availability and performance.
Work location: 81 Bay Street 20th Floor
· WFH? Yes hybrid model - in office on Wednesday's and Thursday's
• If yes, would you consider non-GTA candidates for the opening? No
Work Schedule (hours per week, start time): 37.5 hours per week, 9-5 with no flexibility
· Potential for OT? Yes
Interview Process - 1 MS Teams video interview with HM and potential of this being a pane interview with Director or colleague. Focus will be on experience with some behavioral questions. The manager is looking for the right fit for the team.
Upcoming vacation time? June 9th to 20th
Availability to Interview (date & times): Week of June 20th
Reason the role is open? Backfill for a short term leave
WHAT IS THE PROJECT THE CONTRACTOR WILL BE WORKING ON? No project work, focusing on day-to-day duties.
GROUP INFORMATION: Corporate Secretary supports the board of directors. They schedule all meetings and manage all communications with the board of directors. They record keep and manage meeting minutes. There is benchmarking analyses related to regulatory requirements with the board. Responsible for managing all deliverables including all the material that goes to the board for the meetings.
EVP (Employee Value Proposition): Excellent opportunity to be a part of a big five bank with strong potential to convert to full-time.
Who Will the Candidate Be Working with on a Daily Basis?
- The board of directors
- Various LOBs within the bank
- Senior executives of the bank
Daily Job Duties/Activities:
What You’ll Be Doing
Reporting to the Senior Director, Board Services, the Consultant, Board Services supports the accountabilities of Corporate Secretary’s Division with a particular focus on Board Services functions including specialized routine and non-routine administrative functions related to preparation for, and execution of Board of Directors meetings. The incumbent takes end to end accountability to lead and manage certain board services processes and projects within a defined scope. The role provides direct support to the Senior Director, Board Services and the Corporate Secretary in executing the mandate of the Corporate Secretary. The role also provides direct support to the Chair of the Board, members of the Board of Directors and senior management in handling routine and sensitive issues pertaining to Board matters.
How You’ll Succeed
- Execution of Board Meetings - You will establish well organized processes and diary systems to support end to end execution of board meetings including (i) preparation of communications for distribution to the Board of Directors, senior management and business partners; (ii) development of board workplans and agendas; (iii) coordination of reports and submissions from stakeholders across the organization (iv) effective management and execution of board meeting planning and distribution processes, including for confidential information packages to the board and senior management; (v) acting as a key resource to business partners across the organization in the application of processes and procedures related to the execution of board meetings; and (vi) acting as a key resource to the Corporate Secretaries for the Board and Audit Committee in the execution of virtual board and committee meetings.
- Program Management – You will effectively manage multiple deliverables within the scope of your board services accountabilities and complete assignments within required timelines to meet internal and regulatory deadlines.
- Records Management - You will establish effective tracking mechanisms for enterprise-wide processes required for regulatory requirements and filings, in a manner that aligns with The Banks internal records management and information security requirements.
- Key Support for Technology Applications used by the Board of Directors - You will be a subject matter expert and key resource for the utilization and maintenance of the Board of Director’s website and other technologies used by the Board of Directors (e.g. MS Teams, Boardvantage), including managing efficient preparation of boardbooks in preparation for board meetings, managing postings to the website in a timely manner; day to day administration of the website and supporting the effective execution of virtual board meetings.
· 1-3 years' experience with Corporate Secretary
· Microsoft Office Suite experience
Nice to have:
· Legal Background (education or some experience)
· Good Communication Skills
· Attention to Details is critical
· Good Organizational skills