Int Capital Markets Financial Data Analyst to work on a data remediation regulatory project for a large financial client -55891-1
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Jul 04, 2022
Job End Date: Jan 04, 2023
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 120599
Target Start Date: July 4th, 2022
Duration: 6 Months
Potential for this contract to be extended or converted to FTE? Possible for both based on team growth, availability and performance.
· WFH? Hybrid working model 3 days in office (Wednesday is a must and the remaining 2 as per the candidate).
• If yes, would you consider non-GTA candidates for the opening? No
Work Schedule (hours per week, start time): 37.5 hours per week, 9-5 with flexibility to start and end times as long as they are working core hours.
· Potential for OT? Potential but isn't done often.
Interview Process - 1 MS Teams video or in-person panel interview with the HM and potentially 2 Directors. Focusing on data remediation skills and knowledge of the Capital Markets business/products as well as some behavioural questions.
Upcoming vacation time? No
Availability to Interview (date & times): Flexible to interview June 15th onwards
Reason the role is open? Increase in Business demands with new regulations coming in and support of new client onboarding workflow/process.
WHAT IS THE PROJECT THE CONTRACTOR WILL BE WORKING ON? Data remediation project which involves revising the entire system to ensure everything is accurate within. Remediation of legacy client data to ensure completeness and accuracy of client attributes and Capital Markets product mappings.
GROUP INFORMATION The team is made up of 13 people, they support the Capital Markets business. A large volume of requests that come in with institutional clients involving very large sums of money for trading capital market products. Regulatory reporting with the regulators is done to ensure compliance to requirements.
EVP (Employee Value Proposition): The team is wonderful and always evolving. There is lots of opportunity to develop professionally within the team as well as the company.
Who Will the Candidate Be Working with on a Daily Basis?
- Working with Client Services
- Collaborating with other Data Management team members
- Potential for contact with Traders and Marketers (Front Office)
- Working with Regulatory office and Compliance team
- Reporting to the Director
Daily Job Duties/Activities:
The successful candidate will be responsible to develop, document and facilitate the end-to-end client data remediation tactical plan, procedures and activities per trading and settlement application for the entire Capital Markets client base. The candidate will also perform ad-hoc activities to support a consistent client lifecycle data management environment. The incumbent may be required to participate in and support Capital Markets strategic and regulatory initiatives under the leadership of the Director of Client Data Management and Process Re-Engineering.
What you'll be doing:
This is a 6 month contract position to support data quality and data remediation activities against Capital Markets product involving Corporate and Institutional clients. On a daily basis you will execute a series of tasks through several applications, in order to help ensure that our Capital Markets clients who are actively trading a variety of financial instruments, have the correct mandatory data on file, to fulfill our regulatory reporting requirements. You’ll support your teammates in executing more complex processes, as well as ad hoc clean up jobs, all to support our client satisfaction and data governance objectives.
· Participate in & develop client data and account attribute remediation rule book per trading and settlement application and/or Capital Markets product.
· Support end-to-end implementation and execution of each rule book through to data capture and act as a subject matter expert with regards to the rule books and with client data in general.
· Plan and collaborate with a diverse team to create and build flexible, innovative solutions that address client data remediation and future data quality.
· Work closely with partners to guide formulation of requirements and solution design to meet project needs
· Support end-to-end project implementation and act as a subject matter expert in client data and in-scope regulations. Drive to collaborate and support individuals and cross-functional teams to resolve organizational, operational and process problems
· Ensure remediation activities are progressing to meet The Banks and regulatory deadlines. Escalate any issues as appropriate to manager.
· Interact, obtain information and provide direction to Operations/Technology teams regarding the creation and maintenance of client data in their respective trading and settlement applications.
· Act as an escalation contact for queries and issues from internal stakeholders on remediation activities by providing resolutions to their queries or concerns in a professional and timely manner.
- 5 -7 years of experience working with client data and writing procedural documents
- Strong understanding of institutional investment clients and large corporations including investment managers and funds
- Knowledge of Capital Markets products (FX, equities and fixed income are most important)
- Knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of project management
- Expert Microsoft Excel skills - Pivot Table, Vlookup, Macros
- Experience working with and manipulating large data
- Familiar with market regulatory regimes such as IIROC, Dodd-Frank, CAT-NMS, SFTR, etc. (IIROC, Dodd-Frank are most important)
NICE TO HAVE:
· Previous Banking experience in the Capital markets space
· Experience working in a large bank in similar role
· Self-motivated and self-directed
· Able to quickly pick up the flow of processes
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills