Int. Talent Consultant to support Acquisition Project for large banking client x2 - 40203
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 2
Start Date: May 23, 2022
Job End Date: May 19, 2023
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 118627
Location: Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, Regina, Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria, Winnipeg
Int. Talent Consultant to support Acquisition Project for large banking client x2 - 40203Location: REMOTE
Duration: 12 months
The Centres of Excellence for Talent Digitization, and Process, Operations & Governance are seeking Talent Consultants to support an integrated team through a key acquisition project in the areas of technical readiness, process alignment, data migration, change management and training for talent acquisition and talent management functions. Acting as a Workstream Lead and trusted advisor, this role will draw on and align with other subject matter experts for each focal area/program owner to drive talent guiding principles, manage project plans, build solutions, and coordinate with other business areas to assess and solution upstream and downstream impacts.
Role #1: Digitization Focus
- Provides consulting services and technology expertise in support of the Talent Management business needs, bringing together Product Owners and Program Managers within Talent and aligning to other business decisions that have upstream/downstream impacts
- Leads the coordination of teams and topics for the purpose of gathering and writing of Business Requirements Documentation, and assessment of downstream and upstream impacts of other system changes
- Acts a lead to pull together activities, configuration, testing results & defects, risks and progress with respect to User Acceptance Testing, data migration and operational readiness
Role #2: Process Focused
- Provides consulting services and recruitment process and operational expertise in support of the Talent Acquisition business needs, bringing together impacted stakeholders within Talent Acquisition and aligning to other business decisions that have upstream/downstream impacts
- Leads the gathering and analysis of Third-Party Talent Acquisition contracts, managing updates with TA Program managers (if required).
- Monitors key decisions and process changes to ensure compliance and regulatory impacts are flagged
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation, and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behavior; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Employs systems (e.g., customized exception reports, tracking reports etc.) to manage information.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Supports day to day operational processes, program management activities & administrative tasks for talent acquisition to achieve business results and deliver the intended employee experience.
- Aligns to operational solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to stakeholders on implementation of talent acquisition solutions.
- Collaborates with internal & external stakeholders to support planning, implementation and sustainment of talent acquisition programs and solutions.
- Communicates and reinforces talent acquisition principles, programs, process, and standards.
- Participates in the design, development, implementation, and management of transitionary processes.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance and addresses any issues.
- Conducts industry analysis & trends to support effective support of talent acquisition programs and solutions.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- 5+ yrs in a talent-focused role
- Experience in operational HR processes; preferably related to talent acquisition programs
- Exposure to project management
- Experience with complex integrations/acquisitions an asset
- Experience with audits/governance an asset (process role)
- Third Party contracts/Vendor management experience an asset (process role)
- General understanding of implementation life cycles and technical concepts (i.e. UA testing and data migrations) (digitization role)
- Ability to identify gaps and make business recommendations based on data findings
- Previous experience assessing operation readiness
- Previous experience with requirements gathering an asset
- Previous FI experience
- Previous experience with Workday, or HRIS systems
- Change management experience
- Previous Business Analyst experience