Intermediate Financial Reporting Analyst to support operational accounting plans.
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Jun 27, 2022
Job End Date: Feb 28, 2023
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 120653
Our Client is looking for a Senior Financial Reporting Analyst to support operational accounting plans.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA)
- 5+ years of directly related accounting/financial reporting experience is required
- Ability to apply accounting standards knowledge and judgement to research and develop recommendations on moderately complex accounting policies
- Experience preparing financial statements and notes disclosure
- Experience with Oracle General Ledger, Oracle Projects and Oracle BI
- Working knowledge of IVARA Work Management System
- Working knowledge of Oracle Accounts Receivable and Adaptive Insights will be considered an asset
- A degree in Business, Finance or Accounting from a recognized post-secondary institute is required
- Provide input to the Manager, Financial Reporting and Operations Accounting plans and directions, and ensure on-going appropriate relationships with other positions.
- Producing accurate and timely reports on financial information, including monthly, quarterly and year-end completion and reporting for corporate reporting while ensuring that Corporate and Business Unit financial deadlines are met.
- Providing pro-forma analysis of revenues and expenses by level to Operations’ Directors and Managers to support decision making. This includes:
- Providing guidance on the monthly variance review, forecasting and budgeting;
- Processing journal vouchers for month-end accruals and investigating variance explanations;
- Analyzing transaction coding errors to determine if they can be corrected at source or must be reclassified; and,
- Reviewing on-hold reports and follow up with operations to resolve issues.
- Contributing to ongoing process improvement initiatives
- Reviewing and posting accounts receivable jobbing, damage claims and prepaid invoices.
- Reviewing and importing Projects ADI uploads for Technologies Hydro-vac services and Vendor Allocations.
- Preparing and distributing monthly variance, rolling forecast and headcount files to Operations’ Directors and Managers.
- Reconciling general ledger accounts and prepare variance explanations for month-end. This may include ad-hoc analysis of budget to actuals utilizing multiple systems (Adaptive, Oracle, IVARA).