Junior C#.NET (VB.NET) Developer to plan, design, develop, and maintain applications using Visual Studio, Python, and SharePoint in an Azure DevOps environment (199)
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 2
Start Date: May 16, 2022
Job End Date: Dec 16, 2022
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 118954
Location: Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, Regina, Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria, Winnipeg
Our insurance client is seeking a Junior C#.NET (VB.NET) Developer to plan, design, develop, and maintain applications using Visual Studio, Python, and SharePoint in an Azure DevOps environment.
- C#.NET technologies (Visual Basic.NET ,VB.NET)
- Experience with SQL Server, and Windows Servers building and deploying packages
- Visual Studio.NET, 2012, 2019
- Familiarity with Agile Methodology
- SOAP and RESTful webservice development.
- MS SharePoint 2013
- Code Management using Team Foundation Server and Package Management using NuGet.
- PowerShell scripting and automation
- Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) tools and methodologies, especially in an Azure DevOps environment.
- System integration experience
- Working knowledge of general insurance terminology and practices
- Micro Focus Enterprise Developer, Micro Focus Enterprise Server, COBOL, JCL, IMS, VSAM, Rumba+ Web or Zscope
- Reporting to the Team Lead, the Analyst works with clients and team members to analyze, plan, design, develop and maintain applications associated to the DVA – Driver and Vehicle Applications. The DVA includes Driver Licensing, Driver Improvement and Control and Driver Fitness applications using the applicable technologies.
- The Analyst may also act as a technical specialist to a project required to produce deliverables associated to all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle while adhering to governance, standards, and best practices of the DVA Platform.
- The Analyst may also provide technical, design, and architectural support to other team members, they may lead smaller projects or assist in the coordination of related activities across various functional areas and perform other duties as required.
- Supports the development and customization required for DVA platform including monitoring and improving productivity.
- Develops and maintains code required to support the DVA platform.
- Provides support for assigned systems and applications.