Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Feb 07, 2022
Job End Date: Mar 31, 2023
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 114149
Location: Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, Regina, Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria, Winnipeg
Description of Duties:
- 5+ years of experience in the field with exposure to the following for some or all of that time:
- Building web applications using the noted technologies
- Building PaaS applications using Microsoft Azure services
- Responsive design/implementation.
- Developing RESTful API services using ASP.NET Core
- Relational database design in SQL Database/SQL Server
- Assisting the team in identifying security vulnerabilities (application or infrastructure) and leading the execution of the corresponding improvement(s)
- Monitoring application error logs to identify repeatable bugs and leading the execution of the corresponding improvement(s)
- Unit testing Angular and .NET
- Angular 9+
- NgRx (Nice to have)
- ASP.NET Core
- Visual Studio and/or Visual Studio Code
- Cybersecurity experience/knowledge.
- Experience monitoring and administering Azure SQL Database. Ex: Ensuring the database is securely configured. Understanding users and roles. Understanding backup options. Executing restores.
- Experience querying information from AppInsights.
- Experience with JSON Web Token (JWT) authorization.
- Experience with Azure App Services (Web, API).
- Experience with version control using GIT.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Bicep)
Description of Duties:
- As a member of the AgExpert Development Team, you'll write code to improve cloud based commercially available software: AgExpert Field and AgExpert Accounting.
- A typical day involves pulling tasks from the Azure Dev Ops board to add new functionality, improve existing functionality, or identify/fix bugs for the current 2-week sprint. You'll be working in a Scrum environment with a team of 5-8 other professionals.
- In addition to writing code, you'll also play an active role in learning about, maintaining and improving our security practices. This includes helping the team with various recurring security exercises such as keeping our 3rd party libraries up to date, reviewing Azure generated alerts of interest, and keeping up to date