Snowflake Data Warehouse Designer to design and develop our top client's modern cloud data warehouse - fully remote
Job Type: Permanent
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Dec 20, 2021
Job End Date: Dec 20, 2021
Pay Rate: Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: 112762
Location: Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, Regina, Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria, Winnipeg
We are looking for a Snowflake Data Warehouse Designer to design and develop our top client's modern cloud data warehouse
- Harness, model and transform data (structured, unstructured) from several sources that empowers users to collaborate and analyze data in different ways leading to better and faster decision making.
- Design and present data models, data integration patterns, metadata models to a team of developers to build and execute.
- Design and build cloud-compatible CI/CD frameworks to deploy solutions on Cloud Data Platform
- Experienced and passionate about data and data Labs – you creatively navigate through a complex network of data structures, pull relevant data, apply ML/AI and extract valuable insights.
- 3-5 years' Data Warehouse Designer experience using Snowflake or Azure Synapse
- 5+ years experience designing Modern Cloud Data Warehouses using Bus, Data Vault methodologies
- Expert level skills in building the playbooks, business rules and the associated data dictionary and data lineage models
- Expert level knowledge of a tech stack such as Microsoft (Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Data Factory, Azure Streams, Databricks) or Google (BigQuery, Dataflow, Datafusion, Dataproc)
- Experience with MSSQL or Oracle database
- Familiarity with agile/scrum methodologies
- Experience designing and developing application applications for a retail environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer, Science, Electrical, Engineering or related discipline/experience