Sr. Financial Analyst responsible for Invoice Processing for large banking client - 40374
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Jun 01, 2022
Job End Date: Dec 30, 2022
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 119061
Sr. Financial Analyst responsible for Invoice Processing for large banking client - 40374Location: Toronto
Duration: 6 months (possibility of extension)
The role will consist of:
- Analysis and Invoice Processing (80%)
- Risk Management, Operational Effectiveness, and Controls (20%)
1. Financial Analysis and Invoice Processing
- Functions as primary point person for converting manual invoice processing to an automated process.
- Create multiple Purchase Orders
- Acts as a conduit for the efficient flow of invoice processing for payment in adherence with department processes, guidelines and vendor agreements.
- For manually processed invoices, administer a tracking system in adherence with reporting guidelines to ensure that all invoices and other financial data received are monitored from submission to payment.
- Establish and maintain an organized electronic filing system to ensure that business and other operational reports are readily available.
- Interacts with vendors depending on unique requirements of the business unit.
- Work with members of the Global Markets business to processes invoices where required
- Ensure timely payments, including coding cost center and GL account, checking invoices are billed to the appropriate legal entity, and are issued according to A/P process policy.
- Monitors and analyzes vendor invoices and other expenses to ensure they are within budget and reallocated to the appropriate expense/client code.
- Participates in recommending the most appropriate alternative to achieve business goals and business needs more efficiently and effectively. Participates in planning and coordination through to implementation.
- Performs business/situational analyses and develops recommendations such as:
- Identify and develop business process improvement opportunities.
- Identify and develop alternatives to support business decisions.
- Initiate and implement low to medium complexity financial projects.
- Help develop controls in order to determine and mitigate risks.
- Assist in developing business cases for change including an implementation plan required for successful implementation.
Must Have Skills:
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a financial analysis role
- Experience with invoice processing
- Experience with risk analysis and controls
- Banking/financial industry experience
- Advanced level PC skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Visio is preferred).