Sr. Financial Analyst to do Regulatory Reporting for Large Banking client - 40366
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: May 23, 2022
Job End Date: Dec 30, 2022
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 119034
Sr. Financial Analyst to do Regulatory Reporting for Large Banking client - 40366Location: Toronto (remote, eventually hybrid)
Duration: Until Dec. 31, 2022
The Sr. Financial Analyst will support the execution of accurate and efficient cyclical reporting processes for regulatory and management information. They will note disclosure in financial statements to internal and external stakeholders and regulatory bodies. The team manages regulatory capital reporting for the bank and its legal entities. Capital reporting is managed on a month by month schedule for internal mgmt. review and on a quarterly schedule for submission to regulators (OSFI) and official public reports shared with shareholders. The team utilizes financial GLs and risk management data in reporting process. This is a reporting focused role based in accounting.
- Ensures compliance with controls related to regulatory capital reporting activities and maintains up to date documentation for the related processes.
- Participates in initiatives as a subject matter expert for an aspect(s) of regulatory reporting systems or business processes as may be assigned by the manager.
- Participates in the design and implementation of the changes to the regulatory reporting related business processes including performing UAT.
- Supports the production of the monthly regulatory capital reports, management reports, quarterly regulatory submissions and disclosures.
- Provides input to reporting policy and procedures.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards for regulators and executive level reviews.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Analyses data and information to provide regulatory reporting and related risk insights and recommendations.
- Ensures strong governance and effective controls across regulatory capital reporting activities and information in accordance with enterprise standards.
- Provides attestation to the validity of regulatory capital reporting results and highlight significant information including variances, trends, opportunities and exposures to their Manager.
- Provides information and support the process for internal (Corporate and SOX) and external audits.
Must Have Skills:
- 3-5 years of Financial Analysis and Reporting experience
- Strong Accounting knowledge
- Knowledge of disclosures
- Experience with Data Query tools (such as SQL - running over writing)
- OSFI Capital reporting and (or equivalent reporting experience)
- Financial industry experience