Sr. Java Engineer (Java 8+) to design and code - 41643
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Jun 13, 2022
Job End Date: Dec 30, 2022
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 118725
Sr. Java Engineer to design and code - 41643Length: 6 Months (High Possibility of Extension)
Location: Toronto (Hybrid)
Must Have Skills
• Outstanding Java 8+ skills (Concurrency, data structures, multiple threading)
• Experience with usage of HTTP Restful APIs
• Experience with performance tuning and enterprise high performance system
• Experience with messaging technologies
• Microservices Architecture
• Experience working in a DevOps focused environment and Agile Team.
Nice to Have Skills
• Enterprise security is a plus
• Nice to have Redis experience
• Nice to have Grid Computing
• Highly collaborative and driven by successful product delivery as well as their own personal goals.
• Can demonstrate continuous attention to technical excellence and good design principles.
• Able to undertake and complete technical challenges outside of comfort zone, sometimes with minimal direction.
• Understanding of structure and mechanics of FX products.
• Demonstrates a passion for software development outside of work through involvement in opensource, working groups etc.
• Problem solver who is an individual contributor
• Provide consultation and assistance to Corporate and Business organizations in the preparation of project plans as assigned.
• Provide computer program and system development and technical support, implement complex technical strategies, and correct problems of a highly complex, critical nature. Initiate analysis for complex problems and issues, determine technical alternatives, analyze vendor solutions and negotiate contracts, and develop appropriate standards for technology application.
• Initiate and conduct feasibility studies of new and modified operational procedures. For large systems, prepare cost/benefit analyses, functional and detail specifications. Provide direct guidance in planning, designing, programming, documentation and implementation of the systems. Perform reviews of new and existing systems to ensure operational integrity and accomplishment of stated objectives. Design, code, test, debug and document programs as required.
• Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
• Provides analysis and solutions to technical and business issues. Understand and apply technology and Corporate vision setting direction on implementation. Maintain awareness of business and technology strategies and implements technical alternatives and strategies to gain competitive advantage.
• Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.