Windows Server and Azure Admin
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Jan 24, 2022
Job End Date: Jul 29, 2022
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 114060
IT Windows Server Administrator and Azure Administrator (WAA) to assist daily operational tasks in a Windows Server environment and with the migration of VMWare based Servers into Azur. Furthermore, the WAA will be responsible for documentation of any/all implemented changes made/done to the various systems. This work is to be done primarily remotely, so the WAA would need a suitable location and stable internet connection. However, the successful candidate may be required to be on-site from time to time, thus a geographical location from within Metro Vancouver Region in expected. **Flexible work schedules are required as work may be required outside core working hours, work designated on weekends, or additional hours on short notice.
• Provide daily operational support for Infrastructure in a VMWare and Windows Server environment.
• Assist with various Azure based technology in a hybrid environment.
• Assist with VMWare to Azure migration.
• Document system changes and modifications made.
• Assist with change management and training and documentation activities.
• Additional support of on-premise and O365 Exchange Servers as required.
Qualifications Ideal candidate must-have:
- 3 to 5 years of experience with Windows Server administration.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with Azure administration.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with VMWare administration.
- 3 to 5 years of experience withOn-prem to Cloud migration
- 3 to 5 years MS Exchange and Exchange Online an asset.
• Proficient with MS Suite
• Demonstrated superior analytical, problem solving and judgement skills.
• Ability to learn and quickly comprehend technical and business concepts.
• Ability to work well under pressure and able to manage simultaneous priorities, pressures, and deadlines
Preference will be given to candidates with the following: a. Experience with migrating content from on-prem VMWare into Azure b. Working for public agencies and/or social service organizations