55414-1 - Sr. Data Analyst with Carbon Accounting experience to work on Climate Smart software application for a banking client
Position Title: Senior Data Analyst Carbon Accounting
Line of business: Radical(Climate Smart)/ Wealth
Duration/end date: 12 months with possible extension
Working hours: 8:30-5pm Mountain time
Working Location: DT Calgary, or Vancouver- Hasting street (Fully remote strong, otherwise there is a preference for candidates within the Western hemisphere most ideal work model is hybrid 3 days per week)
Senior Analyst role is integral to the success of Bank’s Climate Smart software application and to the delivery of associated corporate organizational footprinting services. You will help Bank’s clients measure and reduce their carbon footprint by designing and overseeing the continuous enhancement of measurement methodologies and emission factors for scopes 1, 2, and 3.
This role requires you to apply your practical expertise in conducting greenhouse gas inventories, managing the quality and accuracy of emission factor sources and calculations, and projecting the impact of emission reduction strategies against targets in support of thousands of clients within the Bank and beyond. The methodologies you will define will span across many industry sectors and geographical locations.
You are the right candidate for this role if you care deeply about complying with current greenhouse gas accounting standards and providing best in class emissions measurement methodologies. Your work will provide the blueprint for our Advisory team and software to help clients accurately measure their footprint across industries and geographies.
In this dynamic position you will collaborate with various stakeholders, including product managers, sustainability advisors, developers, quality assurance analysts, and content writers.
Must Have Skills:
• 5 years minimum experience in Organizational Corporate greenhouse gas emissions.
• Technical degree or engineering experience with demonstrated ability to build user-friendly templates, calculators, and presentations for non-technical audiences
• Strong project management skills with demonstrated systems to document and track project decisions
• Experience with corporate greenhouse gas inventories as a consultant or in-house. Scope 3 accounting categories and/or quantifying for a multi-national an asset.
• High proficiency with Excel (Synthesize large data sets, Find insight and trends, Clean Large Data sets and make recommendations based on the finding)
• Quick learner who enjoys researching, understanding and describing the practical application of software.
• Experience modeling decarbonization pathways and abatement curves, understanding of climate disclosure policies and regulations, and/or strong understand of benchmarking methodologies an asset
Nice to Have Skills:
Previous experience as a consultant identifying and scoping their own Greenhouse gas protocol with various businesses.
Experience with similar tools such as Watershed, Plan A etc.
Own the Climate Smart’s emission factor database growth and integrity:
• Recommendations on methodology reviews and improvements, research and provide new emission factor additions across sectors, activities and geographies
• Provide expertise directly to customers when appropriate to assist with unique measurement questions.
• Train Service Delivery team on emission factors updates or additions and assist with the development of documentation for internal and external clients.
• Lead the implementation of scope 3 category expansion for service and software, including guidance on integrating additional spend, cost, and other proxy variables into software.
Contribute as subject matter expert on quantification methodologies and reduction module expansion:
• Provide guidance on how to best incorporate GHG inventory boundary-setting and emission reductions for the Climate Smart software.
• Provide guidance on how to best incorporate target-setting pathways into the software for clients.
• Be the voice of Climate Smart’s clients within the Product team
• Define and manage growth and QC of reduction strategy database
• Expand tagging and filtering options in reductions modules
Be voice of the client for the Product team:
• Provide insights into feature development to ensure we address not only GHG protocol requirements but also internal and external partners.
• Develop test plans in collaboration with QA to validate calculations.
• Review documentation such as self-help articles prepared for accuracy and understanding for clients
NB: Main clients operate within Transportation, Freight forwarding and Real estate
Interviews: 1-2 rounds of teams Microsoft interviews (30-45 Mins)