58005-1 - Int. Automation Developer (AWS, Bash, PowerShell) to develop automation solutions for a banking client
Length of Contract: 6 months with possible extension
Location: remote, GTA candidates preferred
- As an Automation Developer, the individual will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining automation solutions for cloud and on-premises components. In this position, the individual will have the opportunity to design, engineer and implement new solutions to drive our automation strategy. The role involves developing orchestration blueprints/scripting for automation of tasks, assisting in developing and maintaining policy compliance automated checks on a mixed environment.
- 5+ years of experience as an Automation Developer
- Automation and scripting tools -Ansible, PowerShell, Bash and Python
- Hands-on technical development experience with AWS
- Thorough understanding of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) concepts and principles
Nice to haves:
- Design solutions from scratch – experience in architectural design (put idea in practice)
- Previous banking-FI experience
Additional Project Information:
This individual will assist in improving the efficiency of our current Operational Readiness Requirements process, by creating automated checks that will allow us to calculate reliability scores for a given application. Extensive experience in various technologies coupled with solid knowledge in Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), DevOps, CI/CD (Continuous Improvement/Continuous Delivery), CaC (Configuration As Code) and automation will be great assets for this initiative.
Regular functions will involve planning, designing, development and enhancement of this automation platform, following the strategy for Operational Readiness Reviews and production go-live governance.
The individual will have a key role in providing valuable contribution to solve business and technical challenges. The candidate fulfilling the role will be expected to collaborate with team members and customer resources to help execute IT strategies, achieve goals and objectives, and improve business and IT operations.
Role responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
• Building tools for automated health and configuration checks on AWS and on-premises resources
• Developing software components that interact with AWS cloud services by leveraging the AWS APIs
• Implementing automation using scripting languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell, Bash)
• Contribute to analyzing, identifying, evaluating, and recommending technical solutions
• Partner with teams to drive stability, operational excellence, and a culture of efficiency
• Leverage tools and resources available to simplify, automate or eliminate inefficiencies
• Interacting with the various governance teams and senior management to ensure projects adhere to defined standards
• Post-secondary degree / diploma preferred
• 30 Minutes, MS Teams