A Senior Communication Specialist to Develop a communications approach to generate common and well coordinated strategies within the public sector.
Our valued public sector client is seeking a Senior Communication Specialist to Develop a communications approach to generate common and well coordinated strategies within the public sector.
Our client is looking to hire one communications consultant to implement and coordinate the delivery of this project's work plan objectives and activities. The CCFM plays a vital role in providing a united front on major issues affecting Canada’s forests and forest sector. In collaboration with Indigenous partners, and stakeholders, the Council will:
- Promote the environmental reputation of the forest sector,
- Collaborate to improve wildland fire preparedness and response, and
- Foster forest sector innovation, especially in the growing bioeconomy.
- Establish a project performance plan which can be reviewed and approved by I-Net
- This would include development of a work plan, key priorities and performance metrics.
- Under the governance of the Task Team Chair and I-Net launch a formal process to develop a practical and accessible communications strategy that identifies audience segments specific to CCFM, outlines CCFM communications goals and priorities and sets out a detailed work plan for CCFM which includes related performance metrics.
- Establish clear links between the CCFM Communications Coordinator and existing CCFM Working Groups to ensure pan-CCFM collaboration and information sharing on all communication related activities.
- Develop an analysis of who is doing what communications about sustainable forest management, and forest-related issues in Canada and relevant markets.
- Carry out a CCFM communications product inventory to collate and develop a system to share all communications products produced within the last five years.
- Propose and review content (as appropriate) and suggest updates to the CCFM website to ensure it contains up-to-date information about the CCFM, work of Working Groups, Council structure and membership, contact information of CCFM members.
- 10+ years experience as a Communications Consultant
- Must have a related Degree or Diploma and Relevant Certificate
- 3+ years experience in the natural resources sector such as forestry
- 2+ years of experience working with Public Relations.