Business Analyst - GWO - Operations Change - 31207
Location Address: 150 King Street W 5th Floor – hybrid – 2 days/week onsite or as needed
Contract Duration: 6 months
Story Behind the Need
Business group: GWO - Operations Change
The GBM&T Compliance - Global Central team provides support to Global Banking & Markets (GBM) and Group Treasury (GT) Compliance programs globally, working with GBM and GT senior management teams and their first line of defence teams, GBM&T Compliance regional teams, different Enterprise Compliance teams, and various other stakeholders within the bank.
- partnering with business process SMEs to identify, document, and memorialize existing process
- preparing and maintaining action log and tracking delivery schedule for assigned body of work
-regular project updates and escalations to senior management and program manager
Must Have Skills:
1) 10+ years experience with requirements gathering and design methodology and building test cases
2) Knowledge of Compliance standards and best practices, with use of analysis tools for monitoring
3) 8+ years experience with data management and governance
4) 8+ years of experience with project management, able to drive initiatives from planning through execution.
1) Background in Trade Reporting, Regulatory Reporting
2) Experience working in a Capital Markets Operations Environment
3) Experience working with Data or within a Data remediation oriented project
4) Ability to convert compliance and regulatory language into actionable delivery tasks for Operations
5) Financial industry experience
Soft Skills Required:
• Ability to multi-task, communicate well, and manage various work streams relating to Data Management
• Able to troubleshoot data related issues and support in the authorization in maintenance and modifications.
• Excellent communication / presentation skills (both oral and written).
• Excellent team player by working with cross-departmental business & IT stakeholders.
• Highly motivated and committed; capable of working in a dynamic environment with aggressive timelines and multiple work streams running in parallel.
• detail oriented, analytical, and capable of investigating complex / technical issues.
• Experience with eliciting and provided requirements and design - detail oriented, analytical, and capable of investigating complex / business issue.
• A recognized under-graduate degree in business, mathematics, computer science, or a related discipline.
Best vs. Average Candidate
The best candidate would have a strong background in data management (critical data elements, knowledge of data steward)