Certified Accessibility Analyst to assess and provide recommendations to new and existing web pages
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Sep 01, 2022
Job End Date: Aug 31, 2023
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 122249
Location: Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
- CPWA, WAS certification or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of accessibility analysis with expert knowledge of WCAG 2.1
- Ability to differentiate between WCAG violation and usability issues
- Experience with various desktop and mobile assistive technologies such as NVDA, JAWS, iOS VoiceOver, and/or Android Talkback
- Current knowledge of provincial, federal and International laws and legal requirements as they pertain to accessibility, Human Rights, CRTC, etc.
- Evaluate accessibility of existing and new webpages and provide recommendations and options.
- Conduct manual analysis of web pages in both desktop and mobile devices and create tickets for developers.
- Apply knowledge of user experience and interactive design best practices as they pertain to web accessibility standards. be able to clearly explain the WCAG violation and the recommended actions.
- Test against WCAG and other applicable accessibility standards
- Interpret automated scans and differentiate between valid and invalid defects
- Use semantic HTML with the appropriate use of ARIA markup (where necessary)
- Collaborate with various stakeholders on coding and design options to satisfy WCAG
- Liaise with cross-functional teams (UX, Editorial, etc) on addressing accessibility issues and the prevention of such issues from arising in future SDLC
- Help establish internal standards and guidelines on coding for accessibility
- Train and educate other team members on accessibility standards