French Communications Specialist- responsible for maintaining the highest quality of all French communications for a major Bank - 58789-1
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Oct 03, 2022
Job End Date: Apr 03, 2023
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 123370
Position Title: French Communications Specialist
Duration: 6 Months
Work location: 1500, boul Robert Bourassa
· WFH? Yes with some potential to come on-site occasionally.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Communications (French), the incumbent is responsible for maintaining the highest quality of all French communications, including business communications, marketing material and web site content. He/she will oversee and edit French content including management of relationships with approved CIBC French translation service providers in order to ensure accurate French adaptation is utilized and vendors deliver on-time and on-budget.
The incumbent will require excellent verbal and written communication skills, including advanced knowledge of written French, the English/French translation function and an excellent understanding of English. He/she will be accountable for French language standards for CB&WM business lines, and together with the Senior Manager, Communications (French), he/she will develop and uphold a style guide for French usage and terminology.
Description of primary responsibilities:
1. Manage French translation process:
· Perform and project manage English to French translation for business partners across Wealth business unit. Translations managed included: marketing material, corporate/internal communications, external communications, PowerPoint presentations, press releases, web content and other communications as required.
· Manage the shared mailbox for translation requests. Project manage requests as required.
· Manage cost and invoicing of external translation services. Partner, if required, with CIBC Translation Relationship Manager for vendor relations, project management and invoicing issues.
· Ensure all content is accurate and vetted by appropriate stakeholders (e.g. Legal, Compliance, product groups, and sales leaders) as required.
· Provide training for colleagues and contract staff as appropriate to ensure the French translation process can be maintained during periods of heavy workflow.
2. Accountability for French terminology quality:
· Maintain working terminology guidelines with internal staff and approved vendors to ensure consistency and quality of French content for the business unit.
· Provide quality assurance review and proof translated material from approved vendors to ensure its quality and consistency and that voice and language of CIBC is present and properly applied.
· Serve as a French language expert to the business and a point of contact for terminology, usage and/or adaptation.
· Consult with CIBC Senior Manager along with partners, stakeholders, peers or vendors for terminology issues, as required.
· Ensure consistency with the overall corporate style and quality of translation.
3. Support French-specific content requirements
· Identify opportunities for Quebec-specific content for advisor communications produced by Advisor Services. Write and project manage this content.
· Support insight from French-speaking subject matter experts around key financial services events, including federal budget and Quebec-specific tax initiatives.
· Support the French content and campaigns for Wealth Advisor Social Media program (Hearsay Social) including sourcing and writing of relevant French content
· Support events/meetings for French audience by managing the production of event/meeting French communications.
· Assist in the evaluation, development and implementation of a continuous value-added communications program for the benefit of segmented distribution channels.
4. Develop and maintain relationships with partners, stakeholders and vendors:
· Support and maintain productive relationships with clients, peers and others including but not limited to collaborating with stakeholders from: Wealth Marketing and Communications, Product, Sales, Legal, Compliance, etc. to ensure prompt and willing response to requests for content development and review.
· Proactively communicate service levels to clients and build working knowledge of business matrix to ensure translation services are invoiced to the correct business unit.
· 3-5 years minimum experience in French translation and/or copywriting
· Excellent communication skills in English and French, and advanced written communication skills in French.
· Experience writing business French as well as compelling French marketing/sales copy
· University education with specialization in translation or related academic qualifications
Nice to have:
· French translation and/or copywriting within the financial services industry.
· Knowledge of asset management terminology, products, services and policies or Canadian Securities Course a significant asset