Int. Middle Office Support Generalist - 47138
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Jun 26, 2023
Job End Date: Dec 31, 2023
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 130207
Int. Middle Office Support Generalist - 47138Location: Downtown Toronto (Hybrid 2-3 Days)
Length: Until Dec 31 2023
• Strong experience (2-5 years) working in a Middle Office Support capacity
• Excel knowledge (pivot tables, able to manipulate raw data)
• General knowledge of investments landscape in Canada
• Self-disciplined. Needs to be able to work efficiently on their own
• Strong command of systems and software programs (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
NICE TO HAVE
• Fluent in French
• Have worked with advisors on a Private investment Counsel
A day in the life of a Middle Office Support Generalist, include the following:
This position will support SME and/or business owner for all projects/new development initiatives both locally and globally within WPB (Wealth and Personal Banking). The role manages and performs decision-making tasks that are complex and varied in nature. The incumbent will be supporting the operationalization of the respective team’s distribution activities. This is not a client-facing position (will be interacting with internal stakeholders).
This Team is divided into two lines of business:
- First Team to support mutual fund advisory business.
- Second Team supports HPIC – Private Investment Counsel.
Principle work activities:
• Oversee of services provided by Service Delivery in support of Wealth distribution activities
• Work with internal partners (including Wealth Risk, AMCA, Audit, Compliance, ORIC, Information Risk, etc.). Responsible for working with internal partners to identify and improve HIFC operational activity and improving overall efficiencies for the overall Wealth business.
• Provide middle office support, with changing prioritizes, according to business needs.
• Assist in documenting and communicating the progress against plan, determining recommended actions as required by business Head.
• Participate in forums as assigned and review strategies/policy on behalf of WPB, consolidating responses and providing feedback and advice.
• Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
• Ensures professional standards of business conduct, consistent with HSBC’s reputation.
• Implement group policy locally, maintain internal control standards.
• Foster an environment of teamwork, ensuring collaboration throughout the organization.
• Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
• Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
• Minimum of 2 years of experience within a middle office support role.
• General knowledge/experience within investment or wealth management industry.
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
• Excellent working knowledge of management principles and sales processes.
• Ability to accurately evaluate information and present recommendations based on facts.
• Capable of making performance projection recommendations for specific actions and or strategies.