Int. Middle Office Support Generalist - 48730
Location: Downtown Toronto (Hybrid 2-3 Days)
Length: Until Feb 16th 2024
• Strong experience (2-5 years) working in a Middle Office Support capacity
• Excel knowledge (pivot tables, able to manipulate raw data)
• General knowledge of investments landscape in Canada
• Wealth Management
A day in the life of a Middle Office Support Generalist, include the following:
Principle work activities:
• Oversee of services provided by Service Delivery in support of Wealth distribution activities
• Work with internal partners (including Wealth Risk, AMCA, Audit, Compliance, ORIC, Information Risk, etc.). Responsible for working with internal partners to identify and improve HIFC operational activity and improving overall efficiencies for the overall Wealth business.
• Provide middle office support, with changing prioritizes, according to business needs.
• Assist in documenting and communicating the progress against plan, determining recommended actions as required by business Head.
• Participate in forums as assigned and review strategies/policy on behalf of WPB, consolidating responses and providing feedback and advice.
• Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
• Implement group policy locally, maintain internal control standards.
• Foster an environment of teamwork, ensuring collaboration throughout the organization.
• Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
• Minimum of 2 years of experience within a middle office support role.
• General knowledge/experience within investment or wealth management industry.
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
• Excellent working knowledge of management principles and sales processes.
• Ability to accurately evaluate information and present recommendations based on facts.
• Capable of making performance projection recommendations for specific actions and or strategies.
The role would assist the Wealth team with various process reviews, procedures and general business management and operational duties as required.
This position will have changing priorities/tasks every few weeks - target candidates who have general middle office experience and are quick learners. Wealth Management experience.
For example: They may be pulling data from systems and running queries, remediating data (not very technical/analytical, more to do with raw data in Excel, creating pivot tables, etc). They may also be assisting with taking manual forms from internal advisors (who have already gathered the customer data) and then simply create the respective accounts in various systems accordingly. The team will be training them on the changing tasks/priorities, though coming from a strong middle office background and ensuring they're a quick learner will ensure they can be successful in this role.