Int. Network Analyst with Cisco Switching and Routers experience to support network infrastructure for a large banking client *on-site* - 50427
Our banking client is looking for an Int. Network Analyst with Cisco Switching and Routers experience to support network infrastructure *on-site* - 50427
Duration: 1 year
Location: Onsite in Scarborough
Business Unit: ITS Assurances Services; Operations Support Group (Network Operations) is a 7/24 Service Availability (Dual Site Coverage) department responsible for providing frontline support of the Bank's network environment. The primary focus of the team is reacting to any/all anomalies that are presented through a variety of monitoring tools for the Bank’s mission critical network.
Schedule: shift work – Day shift and Night shift
- Rotation Schedule: 7 days a week/24 hours a day) i.e. 2 shifts (7am-7pm ET) & (7pm-7am ET).
- 150 hours per month, may have two 12 hour shifts one week and four 12 hour shifts next week – schedules are fixed
- Candidate must be available to do both shifts as per rotation/shift schedule.
- An 'IT Operations Analyst' within Network Operations Support Group is responsible for providing senior level support of the Bank's Group network infrastructure. This includes BRP capabilities, incident management and support of all components associated with these environments. Areas of support include the LAN, MAN, WAN, RLAN, Wireless, Firewall, Load balancer and Optical solutions.
- Manage day to day deliverables during the shift, under the overall direction of the NOC Team Lead/Manager. The primary accountability of this position is to ensure that all work deliverables during the shift are efficiently managed with strong delivery and prompt escalations to the Team Lead positions as needed. Engage other teams or escalate to L2/L3 teams as necessary. Smooth takeover of work as well as well documented and smooth hand over is part of the accountability.
- Provide strong technical troubleshooting while ensuring that NOC processes and procedures are followed properly. This includes ensuring proper use of automation, following proper remediation procedures, high quality ticket and vendor issue updates, handover documentation, etc.
- Collaborate strongly with the Team Lead to manage the queue, work intake as well as delivery. This includes helping solve team issues and escalating issues as needed
- Engage in P3's or incident calls and provide support
- Ensure work being taken over is followed up promptly while providing proper handover to the next shift as well as to the Team Manager (including process issues or improvements, automation opportunities, etc.)
- Support the incident, change and problem management processes.
- Manage incident queue and effectively prioritize and triage incidents based on critical devices and shared services.
- Manage escalations with internal teams and 3rd party vendors.
- Manage chronic, repeat and aging incidents with proper internal/external escalations.
- Create MoPs and how-to docs for better support and training of new and junior team members. Also, peer review such documentation created by other team members and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Report on any challenges with internal processes, gaps, or any challenges with vendors and telcos.
- Report on any new influx of repeated alerts/incidents to identify opportunities related to alert modification, etc. to reduce noise.
- Identify and report on gaps for process optimization.
- Firewall - Palo Alto and Cisco - 3 years
- Load Balancing - F5 and Wireless - Aruba Experience - 3 years
- VOIP - Cisco experience:
- CISCO Switching and Routers - 5 Years
- At least 3 years of Network Operations experience as opposed to network projects based work
- 3 years of in-depth experience troubleshooting on Network operation systems
- Must be CCNA or CCNP Certified with 3 -5 Years of industry experience
Nice to Haves: