Int. Operations Specialist responsible for the processing of trade activity for all FX and Money Market lifecycle events- 43393
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Oct 10, 2022
Job End Date: Apr 10, 2023
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 123552
Int. Operations Specialist responsible for the processing of trade activity for all FX and Money Market lifecycle events- 43393Location: Toronto (Hybrid 2 -3 days in office for now)
Length: 6 Months (High Possibility of Extension)
Must Have Skills:
1 to 3 years of Operations (Treasury Operations preferred) experience in a Bank environment
• Undergraduate Degree (or equivalent experience) required
• MS Office proficiency (Solid Excel Skills)
• Good Customer Service Skills
• Ability to prioritize and deliver in a system of tight deadlines
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and written.
• Exceptionally detail oriented
• Ability to learn quickly and independently and take initiative
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and work well as part of a team
Nice to Have
• Knowledge of SWIFT payment messaging and formatting an asset.
• Knowledge of GTSS, Finastra, FXAll, Bloomberg an asset.
• French language skills is an asset.
• Ensure trade affirmation with external clients is completed in a timely manner.
• Trade processing through Operations systems
• Ensure confirmations are dispatched to clients. Follow up on outstanding confirmations.
• Resolve discrepancies relating to confirmations with Sales, Traders, Clients and Operations
• Communicate effectively with internal and external entities to ensure accurate and timely resolution of queries
• Prepare daily, weekly, quarterly reports as necessary
• Participate in process improvements initiatives and system development
• Effectively manage operational risks
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
• Use judgment to act in team’s and organization’s best interest
• Independent decision making qualities while being mindful if associated risks. Escalate issues to Management, Front Office, etc. as required and in a timely manner
• May be required to work Canadian holidays (if US Markets Open). Would get paid Holiday pay (Support Bermuda)