Intermediate Application Support Analyst for oil and gas GIS/Spatial solutions (primarily Esri ArcGIS)
Our large energy client is seeking an Intermediate Application Support Analyst for oil and gas GIS/Spatial solutions for 6months to start with the possibility of extension starting January 2024.
Candidate may work remote, but ideally lives in/near Calgary willing to come into the office regularly.
- College diploma or above in Computer Science, Engineering, Business
- 5+ years experience in GIS/spatial application support
- 2+ years experience with Esri ArcGIS in an oil and gas setting
- Proven capability in engagement with senior management (i.e. Director, GM and above).
- Experience working with agile delivery
- Experience with GIS/spatial application solution development
- Deep understanding of host systems, virtual machine, cloud computing, applications and interfaces; systems and network design
- Expert level Database experience in one or more of Oracle, MS SQL, PostgreSQL.
- Experience in cross functional teams (Business unit & IT) with a mix of employees / contractors, and large vendors
- Business analysis experience
Overview: For an ArcGIS Integration/Migration project, the GIS Application Specialist will bring functional and technical expertise in the ArcGIS application space for the project team within IT. They are looking for an agile-minded individual with a strength in contributing to a cross-functional team.
- Participate in Incident, Request, Problem and Change Management, Enhancements and Operational Projects (Agile, DevOps).
- Act as the point of escalation for managing resolution of critical, high-priority issues in production application systems.
- Work with the team and software vendors to define roadmaps and lifecycle strategies for geospatial applications