Intermediate Azure System Administrator (5+ years) to provide operational support in an Enterprise Environment
Our client is seeking an Azure System Administrator (5+ years) to provide operational support in an enterprise environment
· 6 month contract with the opportunity for extension
· Local Calgary Candidate require as occasional in office work required
Position Summary: Provide support and maintenance of Active Directory, Azure AD, O365, M365 archiving and backups with focus on the development, delivery, sustainment and protection of critical IT infrastructure. Support of Microsoft server operating systems, related system toolsets, security related software, cloud infrastructure and other technologies and monitoring tools. Responsible for ensuring uninterrupted services for the client base
· 5+ years of experience as an Intermediate System Analyst providing operational support in an enterprise environment
· 3+ years of Azure cloud Management
· 5+ years of Office 365 (Microsoft 365) management experience
· Experience with configuration, deployment, patching and support Windows server 2012
· 4+ years Active Directory
· PowerShell scripting and execution
· Experience with ITIL process and procedures such as change management, change controls etc or equivalent in a large Enterprise Environment
Nice to have:
· Purview, Commvault, Active Roles, SCOM, SCCM
· Understanding of Scada infrastructure review and content searching
· DELL and HP server platforms and their associated management tools,
· NetApp and EMC storage technologies
What will you be doing:
- Maintain operating systems and related infrastructure for applications and software by deploying monthly MS server and endpoint O/S as well as application patch management, updating software, hardware, firmware, and troubleshooting issues.
- Monitoring and managing the backup processes.
- Supports application business delivery for custom, off the shelve and cloud-based software teams. This also includes troubleshooting performance and chronic issues.
- Provide overall technology administration for server infrastructure and Azure infrastructure including design, procurement, configuration, optimization, setup, and implementation of servers and server related hardware and software.
- Manages systems integrity and reliability by testing and monitoring server for capacity, performance and efficiency.
- Responsible for IT technical administration around on-boarding, off-boarding, and audit