Intermediate Business Systems Analyst to define and analyze user requirements for Oracle EPM configurations, customizations and data analytics - 27480
Our national retail client is looking for an Intermediate Business Systems Analyst to define and analyze user requirements for Oracle EPM configurations, customizations and data analytics - 27480
Duration: initial 2 months (due to fiscal end of year) with very strong possibility extension
Location: Mississauga (on site 3 days a week)
Job ID: WECJP00027480
Scope: The business analyst will be responsible for leading the Merchandise Financial Planning (MFP) application that is built over Oracle Cloud Enterprise Performance Management platform .The application is being used by over 180 users spanning across Merch Planning, Merch Finance, Replenishment and Category Management teams for the purpose of Budgeting & forecasting business related metrics at a relevant merchandise level and being the one source of data for use by merch finance for enabling financial planning and reporting.
- Defining user requirements and data requirements
- Exp working with financial teams (Ie financial controllers, financial tax teams)
- EPM (enterprise performance management) or financial planning application exp
- SQL or Python or BigQuery (for data extraction)
- Data Analysis and Data troubleshooting
Nice to Have:
- Oracle EPM
- Experience with at least one EPM solutions(Oracle, Data Relationship Management (DRM), Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud (PBCS), Financial Consolidation and Close (FCCS)
- The Business Analyst will need to understand how the application gets used by users, the various features offered within the application, how they are built technically, its limitations and dependencies on upstream systems, and the overall architecture.
- The application is data-heavy and relies on a wide range of data sources, so the ideal candidate must be comfortable doing data analysis, data mapping, and troubleshooting using wide range of complex systems.
- The candidate must be comfortable operating on their own, learning how data arrives to the application, and how it gets transformed via MFP EPM application before presenting to users.
- The business analyst will work with key stakeholders to define and analyze user requirements to determine the changes needed to EPM system configuration or customizations, as well as to the dependent data systems.
- Evaluate business needs for system customizations; conduct appropriate cost/benefit analysis and produce technical designs for identified customizations.
- Lead Agile Scrum ceremonies for the development team including creating detail user stories and assisting the team with incremental rollout of features, functionalities, launches, etc.