Intermediate Contracts Manager to provide post-award contract management and manage equipments/constructions/engineering related contracts - 19274
Our Utilities Client is looking for an Intermediate Contracts Manager to provide post-award contract management and manage equipments/constructions/engineering related contracts - 19274
Initially 12-months contract with chances of extension. Work onsite for 2 days/week in Burnaby or Vernon
- 5+ years' experience with contract management with a focus on construction
- Experience managing post award contract, supplier relationship, claims management, stakeholder management
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or related discipline, or equivalent
Nice to Have:
- Onsite construction experience working directly with Construction Managers
- Engineering background
The resource will provide post-award contract management services on construction, installation, and design-build contracts.
They will be a source of contractual expertise and guidance to the project team. Primary responsibilities will lie in the administration of contract changes, progress payments, and contract close-out.
- Drafting Change Orders, internal change justification documents, formal contract letters
- Detailing Contracts / SoQPs for monthly Progress Payment Estimates
- Progressing monthly invoices
- Ensuring contract details are up to date in SAP (with SAP admin support)
- Provide guidance on contractual rights and obligations, input on contractual disputes
- Work closely with procurement and provide input to draft RFx documents
- Occasional travel to remote sites across the province may be required.
Key success factors for the role include
- Communication and relationship management is key - the ability to work with and influence others (both internal and external stakeholders),
- Organized and detail-oriented to ensure the contract is kept up to date and aligns with information in SAP.
- Ability to follow and understand complex internal processes and procedures