Intermediate Desktop Engineer to provide Technical support for a large number of end users
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Nov 21, 2022
Job End Date: Nov 30, 2023
Pay Rate: Hourly: $ 24
Job ID: 125255
Location: Calgary, Edmonton
Our client is looking for a Desktop Engineer to provide Technical support for a large number of end users
Nice to Have's:
- A+ Certification
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Operating System
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting local area network (LAN) and VPN connectivity issues
- Experience supporting Active Directory administration/troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office Support
- Provide life-cycle device replacement support to our clients end users
- Ensure all software, drivers, and printers are working properly for each deployment.
- Update inventory records and work with Team Leads and Asset Management team
- Ability to work on call after hours as required (when providing assistance to regular support teams)
- Communicate effectively with multiple clients and co-workers
- Able to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Escalate unresolved issues to management promptly
- Provide professional assistance by installing new desktop devices (laptops, desktops, tablets, etc.) to external clients as part of life-cycle management.
- Troubleshoot any unforeseen technical problems during these deployments.
- Remove old devices, pack them, retrieve or ship them to specified locations.
- Update inventory records accordingly.
- Ensure end user is satisfied with their new device, answering any questions they may have before leaving.
Nice to Have's:
- Technical diploma or equivalent certification
- MCTS, MCITP, ITIL Certification
- Experience working in corporate environment
- (Travel, work environment, physical demands, certificates, licenses etc.)
- Valid drivers license
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to work on call after hours as required
- Ability to lift 50lbs (printers, desktop machines, etc.)