Intermediate IT Asset Management Analyst (Hardware & Software) to coordinate hardware asset inventory (pickup, shipping, tagging, etc) and software licenses (optimization, ticket fulfillment)
Our valued public sector client is seeking an Inventory Control Analyst for the processing, monitoring, and analyzing of IT assets; and giving accurate reporting of I&IT’s asset inventory level with a focus on minimizing costs, while maintaining product availability at the right amount and supply as needed. The inventory control analyst performs various functions, including all duties associated with inventory management, integrity, and replenishment of supplies. They also carry out daily activities to maintain effective inventory management and optimal inventory levels, procedures, and accurate databases. The individual will assist in forming procurement strategies to optimize technology spend across the organization. The ITAM Inventory Control Analyst will also develop and make recommendations to improve procedures for tracking company IT assets to oversee quality control throughout the assets lifecycles.
Must Have Skills:
- Coordinating HW asset inventory (pickup, shipping, tagging, etc) , and SW licenses (optimization, ticket fulfillment)
- Minimum 4 years direct work experience in IT asset management capacity encompassing related experience in inventory control analyst warehousing, logistics, manufacturing or distribution, and customer service.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals may be required.
- Completion of a or diploma in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, Finance, or Engineering, or a related discipline – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
Nice to Have Skills
- Ideally possessing a relevant professional qualification and/or suitable background experience in inventory management / purchasing. Have a detailed understanding of MRP and inventory control / management systems and ERP.
- Certified Software Management Professional and/or Certified Hardware Asset Management Professional through IBSMA, SIIA, IAITAM, or BSA is an asset. Certified ITIL Foundation, Certified Materials Resource Planner (CMRP), Certified Purchasing Inventory Management (CPIM) certification, or APICS certification / coursework is considered asset.