Intermediate Mainframe DBA - subject matter expertise on the selection, design, development and integration of mainframe databases - 69298
Start/End Dates: 11/30/2023 - 11/29/2024
Work Location (Tax): 81 Bay 16th Floor
Job Title: IT - Database Administrator - Senior
Line of Business: Technology operations - Infrastructure Operations and Networks
Duration: 12 Months
Remote/Hybrid: The candidate would be required to work on site at 81 Bay Street Toronto every Tuesday (and this may increase to more than 1 day per week as return to work policy changes).
The contractor will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise on the selection, design, development and integration of mainframe databases including IMS, DB2 and CICS. This position requires a solid understanding of mainframe application development and database technology with an emphasis on database administration. The candidate would provide technical guidance on related database and mainframe software updates, in addition to providing database admin support for IMS, DB2 or CICS. A good understanding of application code development using Cobol is required and knowledge of mainframe assembler is an asset.
This role provides guidance and technical support for mainframe database issues, code development processes and assists other team members in provide technical expertise in investigating functional, application performance and capacity related issues.
- Working with the development teams on a regular basis
- Sometimes working with vendors to open tickets
- Liaise with operations support teams
Must Have Requirement:
- 3+ years' experience in one or more of IMS, DB2, CICS (Oracle and DB2 together can be total of 3 years')
- 3+ years' experience working in a z/OS TSO/ISPF environment
- 3+ years' experience and knowledge of mainframe tools including: MACRO4, DB2 and IMS administration tools, IBM Application Performance Analyzer (APA) or equivalent
- 3+ years' experience with code/change management process using ServiceNow, Endeavor.
Nice to Have:
- Skills in Easytrieve, SAS, DB2 Connect, TOAD are an asset.
- Knowledge of CA-7 scheduler functionality (awareness of how jobs are scheduled)
- Good communication skills (English) are required for this position.
- Strong team player
- DBA Banking experience would be a nice to have
Supplier Call Notes:
- Ideally someone who can hit the ground running without much training. The more senior the better
- Small team of 10 people
- Support specialized databases
- Needs sufficient experience to help app developers in resolving app issues within the technology areas that are covered by the team.
- Mainframe Familiarity is required
- Awareness of application code development would be an asset
- DB2 experience is preferred but IMS and CICS will also work.
- Team is very tight knit, lot's of good collaboration and strong communication.