Intermediate Project/Program Manager working in the Web Modernization Program - Canadian Digital Banking – CX Design -32032
Intermediate Project/Program Manager
Location Address: Hybrid - 333 King Street E – mostly WFH – occasional need to come into office 1-2 times a month – preference for candidates in GTA, open to fully remote for strong profiles
Contract Duration: 12 months
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Canadian Digital Banking – CX Design – responsible for best in class customer experience when launching new features or platforms in the Digital Space
Project: Web Modernization Program
We are seeking a dynamic and highly skilled Program Manager to lead the launch of our new web banking platform. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in overseeing the migration of our customers from the old platform to the new one while ensuring seamless adoption. This role requires exceptional project management skills, cross-functional collaboration, and strong stakeholder management across several different workstreams.
This is a critical role with a significant impact on the organization. The Program Manager will have the opportunity to shape the future of our web banking services and drive customer satisfaction through the successful launch of the new platform. Over the next 18 months we will drive customer migration and adoption to the new platform before decommissioning the legacy platform.
• Develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for the successful launch of the new web banking platform.
• Define clear objectives, deliverables, and key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the program’s success.
• Plan, coordinate, and execute the seamless migration of existing customers from the old platform to the new, ensuring minimal disruption to customers banking services and our frontlines.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Marketing, frontline support, communications, and technology to ensure a cohesive launch.
• Facilitate regular program meetings, SteerCos and other meetings to communicate program updates.
• Engage with Executive stakeholders to provide regular updates on program progress, mitigate risk, and address concerns.
• Identify potential risks, issues, and roadblocks that may affect the program’s success.
• Ensure the new web banking platform meets the best-in-class standards and is thoroughly tested to avoid issues post-launch.
• Maintain comprehensive documentation, including program plans, timelines and status reports.
Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years’ experience as a Program Manager
2) 2+ years’ program management experience in launching web or mobile platforms in the technology space
3) 5+ years’ experience with project management tools and techniques (e.g., CA PPM, MS Projects, JIRA, Agile/Scrum, Waterfall etc.) – please list which and how many years with each
4) Demonstrated experience managing projects/programs of high-medium complexity dealing with multiple stakeholders
1) Experience with web banking and financial services
4) Scrum Master Certification
Soft Skills Required:
• Strong communication (verbal/written/presentation).
Mature interpersonal skills with the ability to work with, and influence, all types of professionals.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to adapt to fast-paced, evolving environments
• Bachelor's degree in business, program management, or related field
Nice to haves: MBA, PMP, Scrum Master Certification
Best VS. Average Candidate:
Ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, can work independently, is pro-active in seeking out solutions and innovative ideas, strong presentation skills, has worked in a similar capacity before (launching web or mobile platforms in a bank/FI environment on a large scale)