Intermediate Solution Architect - Windows Migration with a banking environment 69220
Work Location (Tax): 81 Bay 32nd Floor
Duration: 12 month - extension possible.
Remote/Hybrid: Remote. Once a quarter they may need to come in but not on a regular basis.
Reason the role is open? team has collection of windows 2012 machines. They need to be moved to 2019 supported version.
What project will this contractor be working on?
We don’t do hands on keyboards or actual migrations. Meet with application owners that work on these servers.
Come up with what designs look like and then produce solutions and what that looks like.
Individual needs to be technical but they will not be doing any of the migration themselves.
Who Will the Candidate Be Working with on a Daily Basis?
Collaborating with the team as well as infrastructure engineering, security, service and platform owners. At some point touching all LOBs and tech orgs we have.
The main function of a Solutions Architect is to provide solutions architecture oversight for new development projects according to timelines and budget, while following accepted programming, testing and change control standards, and accepted business intelligence technology best practices.
• Analyze processes, project and/or technical risk, and estimate project work effort where new technology is involved and no guidelines exist.
• Continuously learn about enterprise strategies, standards, blueprints, and roadmaps to enable development of appropriate architecture artifacts.
• Define and document the structure, connections and relationships of business processes, organizational work groups, data models, applications, user interfaces, applications interfaces, and infrastructure and network topology.
• Define, design and develop the enterprise systems information architecture to enable cross functional operational reporting and performance optimization.
• Develop solution architectures that reflect the integration of business logic, processes, and data mapped to defined business requirements, and guide the solution delivery team in the implementation of each such solution architecture.
• Ensure the architectural integrity of medium to large business solutions that involve implementation, enhancement, and integration of multiple application services from multiple business areas.
• Identify strategic opportunities and drive cross-business and cross-functional change.
• Provide an architecture viewpoint in relation to the enterprise in selecting technologies to facilitate service integration and conversation activities.
• Provide standards, guidelines and statements of direction for IT system architectures, establishing a framework that constrains the design of systems for the purpose of integration of systems and accessibility of data supporting various business processes and functions.
Must have skills:
5-7 years of the following skills:
-windows server 2016 2019
• Knowledge of ITIL and SDLC.
• Experience in business system application design, development and installation.
• Experience in planning/architecture development and support.
• Experience designing and implementing advanced application architectures.
Nice to have skills:
- Word excel and visio experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• Master’s degree in Business or Management Information Systems preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of concepts, philosophies and tools behind the design of applications, information and underlying information technologies.
• 5-7 years of functional systems experience.