Intermediate Trainer Coordinator - the Senior Cloud Training Coordinator holds a crucial role in orchestrating the logistics - 31632
Hiring Manager: Senior Manager, Change Management
Location Address: Remote – 44 King Street W, 23rd Floor
Contract Duration: 6 months
Story Behind the Need:
As a valued member of the Change Management team, the Senior Cloud Training Coordinator holds a crucial role in orchestrating the logistics and operations of Cloud training within the Cloud User Onboarding process. Ensuring full compliance with regulatory standards, internal policies, and procedures at Scotiabank, the Senior Cloud Training Coordinator is also a staunch advocate for Cloud technology, playing a pivotal role in driving Cloud Transformation through the training landscape. By creating a top-tier cloud learning experience for both existing employees and newcomers, this role contributes to shaping Scotiabank's path to Cloud excellence. Reporting to the Cloud Training Lead and Senior Manager of Cloud Change Management, the Senior Cloud Training Coordinator is a key asset in Scotiabank’s transformative journey.
• Training Program Management:
o Manage end-to-end management of comprehensive cloud training programs catering to technical and non-technical teams.
o Collaborate cross-functionally with subject matter experts and stakeholders, including HR, IT, Change Management, and MLOps. Align training programs and roadmaps with Cloud Transformation objectives.
o Drive engagement by establishing transparent training schedules, sharing program updates, and communicating learning outcomes to stakeholders.
o Organize training materials, including presentations, hands-on labs, videos, and documentation.
o Develop and execute leadership and participant communication related to training initiatives.
o Integrate various training formats, such as instructor-led sessions, virtual classrooms, self-paced modules, and workshops, to accommodate diverse learning preferences.
o Monitor training progress, assess effectiveness, and provide constructive feedback to continuously enhance cloud training programs.
• Training Analysis:
o Conduct comprehensive learning needs analysis as directed by the Cloud Training Lead.
o Collaborate on refining existing learning paths and curating new ones for different teams and roles, ensuring focused and relevant training curricula.
• Training and Cloud Onboarding Readiness:
o Collaborate with learning and technology partners to ensure learners have seamless access to cloud training environments like Google Skills Boost, Pluralsight, Coursera, and Zscaler.
o Provide hands-on demonstrations to ensure learners can confidently navigate these learning environments.
• Training Delivery and Facilitation:
o Manage and support engaging and informative training sessions with dedicated trainers virtually, ensuring the trainers follows the best training practices, and participants engagements
o Foster an interactive and collaborative learning environment, encouraging participants to test their knowledge, share experiences and learn from one another.
• Training Measurement on Monitoring:
o Utilize surveys, assessments, and feedback mechanisms to gather data on training program effectiveness.
o Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to identify trends, insights, and areas for improvement.
o Create comprehensive reports on training measurement results, including actionable recommendations for program enhancements.
o Present findings to stakeholders, providing data-driven insights to guide decision-making.
1. 5+ years of experience managing training logistic and operations, preferably within a financial institution.
2. 5+ years of experience in training coordination and metrics monitoring.
3. 1-2+ years of experience working in Agile project environment with a sound understanding of concept of scrum and Agile ways of working.
4. Proficiency with MS. Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, Words, SharePoint, Jira and Confluence.
• Experience with learning management systems (LMS) and e-learning platforms for content delivery and progress tracking including Pluralsight, Coursera and Google Skills Boost.
• Preferable experience in Google Cloud platform technologies.
• Previous exposure to the banking industry/financial services is preferred.
• Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills for effective communication and relationship-building.
• Strong presentation and facilitation abilities, capable of articulating clear objectives and managing technical and non-technical challenges during live meetings and instructor-led training sessions.
• Strong organizational, project management and planning skills.
• Demonstrated ability to navigate in complex work environment and collaborate effectively with teams and stakeholders.
Best vs. Average Candidate:
• Experience in supporting the delivery of cloud training.
• Inclusive, proactive, and self-driven, with an eagerness to embrace new approaches.
• Adaptability and ability to prioritize.
• A Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Education, Communications, Business Management, Finance, or an equivalent field.
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1st round MS Teams video interview – Hiring Manager and Peer (45 minutes)
o Assess soft skills, validation of skills/experience and behavioral based questions.
• 2nd round MS Teams video interview – Director (30 minutes)
o Relationship building, demonstrating rapport, assess facilitation capability, discuss alignment of job vision, roles and responsibility.