Jr. Operations Specialist with Familiarity with the Rules, Policies and By-Laws of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) - 42928
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Sep 12, 2022
Job End Date: Feb 13, 2023
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 122156
Jr. Operations Specialist with Familiarity with the Rules, Policies and By-Laws of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) - 42928Location: Toronto (Remote for now)
Length: 6 Months (Possibility of Extension)
Must Have Skills:
1. 2-5 years of banking industry experience and/or previous experience within a financial institution
2. Familiarity with the Rules, Policies and By-Laws of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and/or Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada (MFDA).
Nice to Have Skills:
1. Canadian Securities Course or IFIC would be an asset
2. Product knowledge of Mutual Fund settlements processing, Internal & External Transfers, Cash and Entitlements processing,
3. Excellent MS Office, Excel skills
Some previous retail banking knowledge would be preferred and must have knowledge of Canadian Registered Products.
- This position supports various functions, within Wealth Operations, in the processing and/or audit of some of the Bank’s investment products, including, but not limited to Securities, Mutual Funds, and Registered Products. Candidate would work along existing Wealth Operations team to support processing of transactions for Bank and Investments supporting all branches across Canada.
- Complete complex processing, operational, servicing and/or accounting-related duties in support of the assigned area. Resolve issues, as required, and refer those of a more complex nature to higher levels.
- Reconcile and balance accounts, verify accuracy of computation and resolve discrepancies.
- Ensure all activities comply with pertinent internal standards and external regulations.
- Operate various office and/or mechanical equipment including personal computer, copiers, etc… as required, to complete duties in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain appropriate records of activities and statistics; prepare daily worksheets and reports as necessary.
- Complete other duties as assigned.