Junior Business Process Analyst- participating in a modernization project to support project IASM PCR07 - 68537-1
Position Title: Business Process Consultant
Line of Business: IDENTITY AND ACCESS GOVERNANCE
Duration: 8 Months
Remote/Hybrid: Hybrid. In office on Tuesdays
Office Location: 81 Bay 17th Floor
The Consultant, Information Security is responsible for delivering technical expertise in the development and support of activities, processes, procedures and tools for protecting technology based information. The role works on complex issues involving one or more technical areas, mentoring employees and performing tasks of advanced technical depth and breadth. The Consultant, Information Security troubleshoots complex issues for all levels while reviewing, developing, testing and implementing security plans and control techniques. The role exercises independent judgement and decision making within ownership of projects, defining and supporting the implementation of the minimum security configuration for all IT hardware and software and ensuring that industry best practices are maintained. Using strong analytic and inductive thinking, the role assesses projects for security risks, identifying the potential exposures, and presenting recommendations that are practical and achievable, enabling the business to make informed risk decisions.
As a Business Process Analyst within the banks IAM department, you will facilitate process workshops and document information collected using process maps and other supporting documents. You will be involved in documenting procedures and presenting new process maps to stakeholders for discussion. You will be managing process changes, leading process redesign workshops, and manage process library.
• Understanding Requirements - Document process requirements. Assist with the Research of viable solutions and make recommendations in developing enhancements to the process based on findings
• Process Improvement – Help identify areas of improvements and work with the stakeholders to improve quality, client satisfaction and cost performance.
• Analysis & Recommendations – Help identify gaps to improve quality, client satisfaction and cost performance. Maintain and document IAM processes; apply Information Security standards and guidelines as they relate to IAM processes.
• Governance support – Proactively contribute to governance initiatives, providing technical and business advice, as well as insight on management processes. Contribute to the development of governance and risk-related company policies.
• Design Process Map documentation utilizing Visio to incorporate actions
• Develop RACI. Facilitate discussions to determine ownership of role
• Incorporate swim lane concepts into process map work
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Engineering background is helpful to break down logical flow
• Ability to prepare PowerPoint presentation to organize key messages and at times updates to leadership
• Project Management skills involving both Jira, and waterfall methodology
Must Have Requirement:
- 1 - 2 years of hands-on experience as a Business Process Analyst (Process Mapping experience)
- Visio experience
- Understanding of how to solve technology problems - no need for infosec background
Nice to Have:
- FI experience is helpful
- SailPoint experience or knowledge
- Able to tell a story via Powerpoint for executives
- Engineering background
- Ability to solve issues and communicate effectively with business partners.
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices and deliverables associated with eliciting and clearly defining and documenting required business functionality as well as information requirements.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills