Junior Desktop Support -provide technical assistance to computer system users.- 68860 and 68861
Job Description: Position Title: Analyst, Help Desk Support (Technical Help Desk - Intermediate)
Duration: 12 months
Remote/Hybrid: Hybrid. Mostly remote after first week of onsite training. If resource wants to go in office they can but there is no expectation. CWs will not be granted access to building and need to let management know if they are going in so a team leader can let them in the building.
Need to be within 100Kms or 2 hours of office location so they can work onsite.
Office Location: 483 Bay St, 7th Floor
Start time between anywhere from 7-12 PM, end is 3 to 8 pm. There may be a shift bid in January to bid on the available shifts which show potential for weekend and overnight shifts. Must have this flexibility. Potential for weekends or late evening 3:30 - 11:30 PM.
Schedule flexibility is required to work shifts at various hours of the 24 clock.
The main function of a Help Desk Specialist is to provide technical assistance to computer system users. A typical technical help desk specialist is responsible for answering questions or resolving computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from a remote location.
• Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems, typically of a lower complexity
• May install software or perform hardware testing remotely
• Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors• Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities
• Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support
• Associate's degree in computer related field or equivalent training required
• 2-4 years experience required
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
• Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time
• Knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software