Junior Systems Administrator to support operation of the Operational Technology Applications (Fleet Management System)
Job Type: Permanent
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Oct 16, 2023
Job End Date: Oct 16, 2023
Pay Rate: Salary: $ 90000
Job ID: 132950
Our mining client is hiring a Junior Systems Administrator to support operation of the Operational Technology Applications (Fleet Management System)
- 2+ years experience using or administering mining technology systems, e.g., Wenco, Minestar, CAT Terrain, Modular, in a role such as a system administrator, dispatch engineer/supervisor, system analyst, senior dispatcher, network administrator, communications system specialist, etc.
- Familiarity with mobile equipment, fleet management system hardware/software installation and configuration.
- Knowledge of network-based, high-precision GPS hardware and systems (e.g., Trimble, Novatel)
- Proficient with office applications (Teams, SharePoint, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Willing to relocate to Northern B.C. or do two-weeks onsite/2 weeks off-site
- Experience with Rajant Wireless networks would be a vital asset.
- Experience working in an ERP environment (e.g., Microsoft Dynamics 365) and Asset Management System is highly desirable.
- Mining experience is highly desirable. A mining engineering degree is preferred
- This role is responsible for the maintenance, configuration, support, and reliable operation of our Operational Technology (OT) Applications, especially our Fleet Management System - Wenco FMS, and our Drilling Application - CAT Terrain Systems across the company's mine site properties. Expertise in managing and maintaining Mesh networks in the PIT (Rejant Radio Network) and P2P Radio communication. The role actively monitors and resolves system, data, hardware, network, and usability issues. This job also involves application Data integrity and reporting.