Lending Officer - compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures - 28050
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Dec 19, 2022
Job End Date: Jan 06, 2023
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 125312
Lending Officer - 2
Description: Location Address: WFH - 4715 Tahoe Boulevard (On-Site for 1st month and thereafter once a week on Tuesday until further notice
Contract Duration: 6 months with potential for extension/FTE
Number of Positions: 5
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Provides an excellent customer experience by taking responsibility for and ensuring ongoing service, including updates to the loans, accounts, products and services of existing clients, and thereby adhering to established Operating Performance Commitments (OPCs).
• Responsible for monitoring of accounts and loans to ensure balance and payments are up to date.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge and understanding of relevant products, processes and policies, including completing internal training, and reviewing appropriate news items and publications.
• Participates as an active partner, and initiates changes by working with stakeholders and business lines to resolve issues, remove roadblocks, reduce costs and improve services.
• Responds promptly and effectively to service inquiries, concerns and complaints from Banking partners, with the ability to:
➢ Resolve day-to-day servicing issues and reduce business and client impact with managerial direction as required.
➢ Analyze situations and present sound recommendations and decisions to overcome any obstacles, and escalating if required.
➢ Facilitate decision making processes by providing timely, meaningful and easily available data.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the banks Code of Conduct.
• Champions a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vision/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Reviews/provides authorization for transactions and/or temporary credit requests
• Reviews authorizations (including syndications) for deals up to $10MM to execute the requirement of existing accounts, products & services, and subsequent funding.
• Responsible for the review and action of the daily overdrafts, delinquencies (including Small Business), annual review, lending advances/payouts, etc.
• Operates independently to execute day-to-day operations within assigned authorities/limits (lending limits up to $5 million in total Borrower Connection based on time on post)
• Reviews and processes high volumes of standard/non-standard service and credit transactions of customers.
• Business Units supported include, but are not limited to: Commercial Banking, Small Business, Corporate, Global Risk Management, Payments & Cash Management, Audit, Quality Assurance, Trade services, \, Real Estate Banking, Client Services and Solutions, Cash Management Call Centre, Symcor, Automotive Finance and other units (as applicable). Services approximately 31,000 Commercial clients.
• Provides national coverage between the hours of operation (7 a.m. – 8 p.m. Eastern Standard Time). Shifts may vary.
• Assist with implementing efficiency-focused improvements to operating procedures and/or systems in order to meet Bank regulations by participating in pilots and “test &
learn” as required.
• Participates in cross-training to broaden skillsets across different areas.
Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role)
• Knowledge of business credit as it applies to the Commercial Bank’s policies & procedures, products & services, and security & collateral documentation.
• 1+ years experience in working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
• Previous banking or financial background (combination of education & work experience will be considered) - 1+ years
• Strong ability to work in high-pressure environment with minimal supervision
• Strong ability to ability to multi-task
• Proven customer service skills, as well as flexibility to adapt to changing environments.
• Implementation experience in the setup and execution of accounts, products & services, and loan/funding.
• Strong Communication (written & verbal) and Organizational Skills.
• Relevant working experience in Financial Services or related Industry
• Post-Secondary Education no specific field required