PART TIME: Intermediate SR&ED Specialist to provide identification, expertise, and consulting support on various R&D initiatives - RQ00592
Duration: 8 months
Our Professional Services Client is in need of a Part Time: Intermediate SR&ED Consultant to identify eligible projects and participate in SR&ED claims
- 3+ years experience writing SR&ED project descriptions
- 3+ years with Stakeholder Management in a large matrix organization
- Undergraduate degree (Engineering, Science, or equivalent)
Nice to Haves:
- Previous Professional Services experience
In our clients Tax Services practice, they help end-clients manage their tax opportunities and responsibilities. Canadian and global practices are linked, which means clients look to us for expert advice and guidance. The client is the first choice when it comes to strategies on reducing taxes, innovative tax planning, and the effective management of compliance and reporting burdens.
The clients Research & Development (R&D) and Incentives practice consists of a strong and dedicated team of professionals with science, technical, tax accounting, and financial backgrounds. This team works within a larger national practice which has a strong presence in the marketplace and an enviable top-tier client list.
Responsible for providing R&D incentive consulting services in accordance with client process and quality standards.
- Consult with client stakeholders to identify eligible Canadian SR&ED and US R&D projects, participating in the preparation of incentive claims.
- Interviewing R&D project managers, researchers, engineers and developers to identify eligible activities.
- Reviewing clients’ technical documentation and other data sources to identify and describe eligible activities
- Working with senior technical advisors to develop claim strategies compliant with claim submission requirements specified granting authorities.
- Writing high quality R&D project descriptions and narratives, identifying relevant supporting evidence. Alternatively, working with interview notes or recordings prepared by senior technical advisors.