**Permanent** Help Desk Manager/Lead to design, develop and implement the long term and short-term strategies for the desktop Support team for one of our large healthcare clients
Job Type: Permanent
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Nov 30, 2022
Job End Date: Nov 30, 2022
Pay Rate: Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: 124793
On Site- 2X a week (Tuesday/Thursday)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Oversee day to day operations and actively facilitate/manage any problem resolution efforts by the Desktop/Helpdesk team.
- Manage and lead a team of diversely skilled individuals located both in office and remotely.
- Hands on engagement where required for problem resolution, change Management or project execution for Desktop/applications Support related items.
- Serve as an escalation point for Helpdesk/Desktop Support staff.
- Design, develop and implement the long term and short-term strategy for the Desktop Support team.
- Manage the development and implementation of the ITSM (ServiceNow) tool within the firm.
- Manage the development, implementation and improvement of existing Helpdesk processes and functions.
- Work with the business to develop and foster relationships and Meet target SLA.
- Manage and occasionally participate in an IT support call queue (as required).
- Manage the On-call after-hours support.
- Work with HR team to Streamline onboarding / offboarding process and define access role to company systems
- Work within IT Project\networking and security teams; Lead all Desktop Support/Helpdesk project initiatives.
- Provide first-level problem resolution for information systems services, including problem definition, research and resolution of complex situations.
- Provide employees and clients with support and instruction via e-mail, telephone, remotely and on-site for various software and hardware issues.
- Regularly, as required and along with other members of the team, participate in technical workstation support and systems implementations and rollouts.
- Install computer hardware and software as needed
- Troubleshoot and resolve PC related problems involving Microsoft software and numerous 3rd party software applications in a distributed environment; (Windows,10, 11 and MAC OS);
- Maintain hardware and software inventory.
- Track and log all Help Desk service issues using the IT ticketing system.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience in a Helpdesk role.
- Diploma or Degree in Technology. MCSE certification, Microsoft 365 Fundamentals certification, ITSM Certification is an asset, CompTIA A+ Certified and proven experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of Active Directory, Office 365 admin center, Microsoft Office suite, , especially Excel; Office 365, Ms Teams, Intune, along with Webmail, Citrix, RDP, Multifactor authentication, security systems and Anti malware.
- Experience in reporting; producing various reports, key findings, conclusion and making recommendations is required.
- Experience with the following applications is also considered an asset: Intune, Defender, Salesforce, workday and Azure
- Experience with using an IT ticketing system, preferably ServiceNow (Optomization).
- Ability to train users effectively in both formal and informal settings.
- Mobile device knowledge and support an asset.
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting abilities.