(Remote) Senior Desktop Support Manager to sustain a team-focused environment and enable team members to develop and maintain a high performing team in the insurance industry.
Job Type: Permanent
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Nov 14, 2022
Job End Date: Nov 14, 2022
Pay Rate: Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: 125016
Location: Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, Regina, Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria, Winnipeg
Our client is looking for a (Remote) Senior Desktop Support Manager to sustain a team-focused environment and enable team members to develop and maintain a high performing team in the insurance industry.
Nice to Have
- 3+ years of leadership experience managing technical teams in the IT industry
- Demonstrated experience managing a desktop support team
- Experience with Active Directory and VMWare
- Working in a Windows environment
- Highly adaptable and able to operate in a rapidly changing environment.
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science or related technical discipline
Nice to Have
- Working in the insurance industry
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager (MEM)
- Experience in a Dynamics 365 environment
- Lead and inspire a team of Help Desk Technicians to deliver high-quality solutions every day.
- Adopt industry standard best practices; look for improvements in the existing processes.
- Oversee work allocation and day-to-day operations for the Desktop Computing team.
- Create a positive working environment for the team, which inspires high productivity and cohesive teamwork.
- Recruit, train, mentor, and coach team members in partnership with the Manager of Desktop Computing, with an end goal of retaining a work force of the highest quality for both the team and our organization.
- Demonstrate commitment to performance management and staff development through annual performance reviews, career development and training plans for team members.
- Ensure the team is delivering highly valued and trusted services to our customers.
- Communicate effectively with all levels within the organization on a regular basis.
- Introduce and enforce quality control standards.
- Provide leadership to internal improvement projects.