REMOTE Senior Healthcare Solutions Architect to design healthcare integrations (HL7, FHIR) for Connected Health Services Program - SOW20231114MB - Nov 21 - 1
S.i. Systems enterprise healthcare client is seeking a Senior Solutions Architect to to design healthcare integrations (HL7, FHIR) for Connected Health Services Program
Fully remote, but must be located within Canada and able to work PT hours
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
Experience as a Solutions Architect in healthcare, and experience with healthcare integration standards including HL7, FHIR, SMART on FHIR
· Solid understanding of how various technologies fit together in a provincial health ecosystem to deliver services and the ability to explain concepts and topics in layman’s terms to non-subject matter experts and build consensus and credibility among diverse stakeholders.
· Experience in IT system integrations efforts including electronic medical records (EMRs), clinical information systems (CISs), Imaging and Lab repositories, clinical decision support systems (CDS), BC provincial assets (EMPI, PLR, etc.), and health information exchanges (HIEs).
· Strong knowledge of
· Knowledge of API for health applications.
NICE TO HAVE:
BC Health Authority experience
As part of the Digital Referrals and Orders project highlighted and described in section 2.3 above, PHSA requires the services of a Solution Architect to design and implement solutions for integrating various software systems, applications, and data across the province. We require a Solution Architect to lead the development of integration architect activities between our primary vendor (Ocean MD), primary care EMRs, Clinical Information Systems (MEDITECH, Cerner, etc.), Health Information Exchanges (HIE), provincial registries, including EMPI, and the Provider and Location Registry (PLR).
Conceptually, the images below show the target CHS architecture and how the DRO fits within it:
In more detail, DRO seeks the services of a Solution Architect to perform, but not limited to, the following:
· Perform analysis of functional and non-functional requirements, identifying technical integration specifications and translating these into technical architectural system designs.
· Create a detailed plan for integration between the DRO solution and other systems, including the architecture, components, data flow, and the detailed interactions and triggers between the different systems.
· Recommend architectural solutions that satisfy technical/functional requirements, align with the enterprise architecture strategy and integrate seamlessly with identified systems.
· Perform gap analysis between clinical requirements and systems integration capabilities to identify what potential development changes are required.
· Enhance and validate any proposed conceptual architecture solution from our vendor partners, health authority CIS’s and provincial registries.
· Participate in the testing and validation of integration solutions to ensure they work as intended and meet business requirements.
· Create and revise the Solution Architecture including a roadmap and approach to transition from current state architecture to planned future state architecture.
· Develop and maintain technical documentation for both development and support purposes and ensuring that documentation is up to date.
· Collaborate with cross function and multi-disciplinary teams across multiple organizations to complete assigned tasks and deliverables.
· Fully participating in weekly and ad hoc meetings to support timely provision of information related to design decisions, progress, status, issues, risks, and solutions related to project deliverables.
· Lead meetings with subject matter experts with the goal of developing and validating technical solutions.
· General knowledge of health information standards.
· Provide leadership and guidance to the technical team.
The DHI delivers provincial digital health strategies and business transformations by relentlessly focusing on the end user and the end-to-end health services journey for everyone in British Columbia.
We concentrate on the design and delivery of digital health tools and platforms to support the ongoing evolution of a connected health system and digitally enabled health care. By collaborating with all provincial health sector partners, we ensure an equitable approach to addressing health sector priorities.
While we spur innovation and change through strategic architecture for technology, it is never just about the technology, but about solving the problem.
The Connected Health System (CHS) Portfolio is a set of integrated digital tools that enable providers and patients to securely share health data and streamline the delivery of care across British Columbia.
The CHS portfolio includes:
1. Digital Referrals and Orders – Enables providers to exchange, track and manage digital requests via a provincial platform integrated with acute/community clinical systems and portals
2. Longitudinal Record Access – Establishes a provincial gateway to enable the exchange of health data from provincial clinical data sources in a standardized and secure way
3. Health Toolkit - Enables a seamless provider and patient experience by integrating provincial products and services with existing portals, EMRs and clinical information systems
4. Patient Summary - Enables creation of a point in time health record summary that contains a standardized set of basic clinical and contextual information about a patient’s health and care
5. Provider Service and Information Management – Policies and business process supporting how provider, service & location information is exchanged, accessed, and managed
6. Provider/Location Registry Enhancements - Storage of better information on providers/locations, and additional information on services