Risk Change Management - Assist the Director in leading the development and implementation of an enterprise risk taxonomy- 31243
Risk Change Management
Location Address: 44 King Street W – hybrid – onsite once a week (subject to change)
Contract Duration: 6 months
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Enterprise Risk, Strategy and Execution
The Enterprise Risk is part of the GRM team and is responsible for risk management at an enterprise level.
The successful candidate will assist the Director in leading the development and implementation of an enterprise risk taxonomy and support the development and consistency of Bank-wide policies and frameworks.
• Assist the Director in leading the development and implementation of an enterprise risk taxonomy to improve consistency and management of risks at the Bank which includes Data analysis and interpretation
• Working with multiple stakeholders and senior management across the risk groups to assess the impact of the developed risks on system processes and reporting
• Develop an enterprise-wide rollout strategy of the taxonomy for adoption across the bank
• Carry out special projects or investigations relating to enterprise risk or other relevant topics/areas as requested by the Director and/or senior management
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
• Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook, and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Make recommendations to senior leaders on enterprise risk strategic initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the risk landscape at the Bank
Must Have Skills:
1) Strong proficiency with Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups) and other MS products (Word, PPT)
2) 5+ years of experience in risk management within FI
3)1+ years of experience with Data Analytics
4) Experience working and or managing a project
1) Professional accounting designation (CPA), CFA, or MBA
2) MS Project
5) Power BI
University degree is required
Best vs. Average Candidate
-The ideal candidate would have good data analysis skills and would be able to apply critical thinking to their day-to-day tasks and be able to work with stakeholders to identify functional solutions.