Senior Automation Engineer to lead a team on the design and implementation of automation/control systems (Rockwell, Schneider) for industrial processes for an Industrial Services client (Permanent).
Job Type: Permanent
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: May 25, 2023
Job End Date: May 25, 2023
Pay Rate: Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: 129970
Location: Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Regina, Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria, Winnipeg
Our client is seeking a Senior Automation Engineer to lead a team on the design and implementation of automation/control systems (Rockwell, Schneider) for industrial processes for an Industrial Services client (Permanent).
- 8+ years of experience with Automation or Control Engineering
- 5+Experience with Modicon/Schneider M580 Safety, M340, M580
- 3+ Experience with Rockwell Programmable Logic Controllers PLCs
- 3+ years of experience with Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- 3+ years of experience with Human-Machine Interfaces (HMI)
- Experience leading teams minimium 2-4 people
- Understanding of industrial communication protocols like Modbus, Ethernet/IP, and DeviceNet
- Experience with SCADA systems and data acquisition.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or technologist certification in the fields of electrical, instrumentation, automation or other related field (relevant experience may also the considered).
- Experience in DeltaV
- Experience in DCS
- Experience in SIS
- TUV Certification
- Certification in Automation or Control Systems
- Develop and design automation and control systems for industrial processes.
- Manage and evaluate projects and provide technical guidance to team members.
- Develop and implement standards for automation and controls systems.
- Knowledge of programming utilizing control modules or ladder logic
- Assist in the selection, installation, and integration of automation equipment and software.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems with existing automation systems.
- Upgrade, modify, and maintain existing automation systems.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance plans for automation systems.
- Conduct research and apply new technologies and methods to improve automation systems.
- Conduct risk assessments for automation systems and recommend risk-mitigation measures.
- Ensure compliance with relevant safety standards and regulations.
- Develop and implement training programs for personnel to ensure proper use of automation systems.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams and stakeholders to optimize automation systems.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for automation systems.
- Evaluate and select vendors for automation system components and equipment.
- Manage and coordinate contractors and third-party service providers for automation systems.
- Develop and implement cybersecurity measures for automation systems.
- Analyze and report on the performance of automation systems.
- Simulate and model automation systems to improve performance and reliability.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers and stakeholders.
- Manage budgets and resources for automation projects.
- Supervise team of automation (2-4 members) & Manage budgets/resources for automation projects.