Senior Azure Cloud Engineer to support deployment of Azure infrastructure services in IaaS & PaaS based on architecture designs and requirements - RITM0063230
Our Vancouver client is seeking a Senior Azure Cloud Engineer to supportdeployment of Azure infrastructure services in IaaS & PaaS based on architecture designs and requirements - RITM0063230
1 year contract to start, preferrably Vancouver based, open to Remote (PST hours) - The successful candidate will be part of our on-call rotation for general CloudOps support.
- 6+ years as a Cloud Engineer working within highly complex & integrated Azure environment
- Experience with leading or mentoring a team
- Knowledge with design or achitecture in cloud infrastructure
- Hands-on experience in automation techniques and strong code development with Powershell
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code such as ARM, BICEP or Terraform
- Microsoft Azure experience (IaaS & PaaS, including compute, storage, application services, application gateways, zone/region redundancy, networking, recovery)
- Specialized knowledge of configuration management, CI/CD and tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Azure DevOps.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2012, 2016, and 2019, including security patching/tools
- Working knowledge of Azure DevOps classic and yaml pipelines as well as CI/CD
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
Nice to Have:
- Experience in hybrid cloud (integration between cloud and on-premise)
- Agile or Scaled Agile Framework or willingness to take the SAFe certification
- Implementation and support of Azure IaaS and PaaS services including compute, storage, application services, application gateways, zone/region redundancy, networking and recovery (among others).
- Working with DevOps pods for the setup and troubleshooting of Azure services to support the deployment of business applications. Automation through infrastructure as code, PowerShell scripts, release pipelines, etc.
- Support/Maintenance of our Microsoft Windows 2016/2019 virtual servers including setup and decommissions, monthly security patching, certificate renewals, etc.