Senior Business Analyst for portfolio planning and financial reporting between IT and core business unit services
Our Oil & Gas client is seeking a Senior Business Analyst for portfolio planning and financial reporting between IT and core business unit services.
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity with highly competitive health, wellness, and savings benefit plan offered! The successful candidate will follow a hybrid working model (3 days in office/week) in the heart of downtown Calgary!
- 7+ years' IT/Business experience with 5+ years' experience in a business analyst role
- 3+ years' financial analysis/ financial analytics experience leveraging tools beyond MS Excel (i.e., Power BI, Tableau or similar)
- 3+ years' financial and technical reporting experience
- 3+ years' IT/IS specific background
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills fairly quickly
Job Purpose/Summary: Information Services, in partnership with business stakeholders, is embarking upon a multi-year effort to address legacy system risk, modernize systems, and rationalize the client's technology landscape. Key decisions and sequencing of activities is contained within an Enterprise Technology Plan (ETP). The successful candidate will track IS/IT departmental performance reporting which highlights the business impact of key decisions made and value delivered as the ETP is executed.
- Collaborate with IS Finance and Corporate Planning to support ongoing financial processes / management, demand intake, and annual budgeting cycle providing rationale and a portfolio view of upcoming IS investment / budget needs.
- Work with the Data Management team to ensure initiatives are identified that might have an impact on data requirements and needs.
- Build additional dashboards and visual tools to help IS leadership articulate IS costs, risks, and associated benefits.
- Support the IS investment & budgeting process as we execute against the ETP. Create dashboards and visualizations that highlight key changes to the IS budget and forecasts.
- Facilitate the development and continuous improvement of a Departmental value model to compare against peers by identifying metrics associated with value creation through different Operating Models.
- Contribute to strategic portfolio planning, ensuring that new work is clearly defined, tracked and communicated in a consistent and effective manner via dashboards and analysis.
- Design, lead and provide tracking, measuring and reporting of anticipated and/or realized value from IS portfolios.