Senior Business Analyst - provides support to Global Banking & Markets (GBM) and Group Treasury (GT) Compliance programs - 31790
Location Address: 150 King Street W 5th Floor – hybrid – 2 days/week onsite or as needed
Contract Duration: 6 months
Reason: New project to implement payment processing system.
Story Behind the Need
Business group: GWO - Operations Change
team provides support to Global Banking & Markets (GBM) and Group Treasury (GT) Compliance programs globally, working with GBM and GT senior management teams and their first line of defence teams, GBM&T Compliance regional teams, different Enterprise Compliance teams, and various other stakeholders within the bank.
Project: Seeking a Business Analyst specializing in Payments with experience with cash accounting processes, static data management and the adoption of ISO 20022 to assist in an Operational impact assessment as a component of a larger enterprise delivery program. This candidate will be responsible for translating business requirements into technical specifications ensuring the business needs are understood, articulated clearly, and aligned with the strategic roadmap of the organization. This role will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including diverse business and technology stakeholder groups.
The main function of a Business Analyst is to perform the analysis, design, implementation, modification, and daily functional support of all applications. Job Responsibilities: Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities Supports one or more highly complex business processes Works on multiple projects as a project team member Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
• Conduct end-to-end analysis on current-state processes related to Cash Wire processing
• Analyze and evaluate existing systems, processes, and data flows to identify gaps and areas requiring strategic direction as a result of the aspirational goals of the broader program
• Collaborate with business stakeholders to define and prioritize use cases, user stories, and acceptance criteria
• Assess requirements to update or replace existing customer Static Data and understand impacts to processes which utilize common data to drive varying business processes
• Work closely with Engineering teams to ensure the accurate and timely implementation of ISO 20022 standards as a component of roadmap.
• Conduct impact assessments and risk analyses to address potential challenges and issues
• Analyze and document current state processing for multiple cash-oriented processes inclusive of Cash Wires and determine impacts relative to internal modernization roadmap for payments
• Establish and document detailed future state framework & processes as determined
Must Have Skills:
1) 10+ years experience as a BA preferably in the Financial Industry
2) 10+ years experience required Basic knowledge of programming languages in order to comprehend reading code and basic functions
3) Project management skills in order to handle diverse projects, often times simultaneously, and meet aggressive deadlines
4) Prior experience with Payment Processing
5) Experience working in a Capital Markets Operations Environment
1) Financial industry experience
2) Broadridge knowledge
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree
Best vs. Average Candidate
The best candidate would have a strong background in payment processing with knowledge of Cap Markets products