Senior Business Analyst to help support the IT Project Management Office (PMO) in reviewing new business cases for project requests
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 2
Start Date: Feb 01, 2023
Job End Date: Dec 29, 2023
Pay Rate: Hourly: Negotiable
Job ID: 126990
Location: Vancouver, Victoria
Senior Business Analyst to help support the IT Project Management Office (PMO). The successful candidate will review business cases for new project requests submitted by business stakeholders and get clarification when applicable.
Nice to Have:
- 5+ years of experience with PMO experience
- Experience with review/implementation of key PMO processes.
- experience managing work items in Azure DevOps
- Experience with ITIL and ITSM frameworks.
- Experience with shifting from predictive (waterfall) to Agile.
- Implementation of Agile practices and frameworks.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business and business systems planning principles, methods and standards.
- Thorough knowledge of problem definition and analysis related to business processes and systems planning.
- Considerable knowledge of information technology components, processes and developments related to the work performed.
Nice to Have:
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) and Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation
- Perform detailed discovery of new work items and provide key metrics to IT PMO and IT management for informed decision-making.
- Review business cases for new project requests submitted by business stakeholders and get clarification when applicable.
- Work with the IT-PMO team to review/assess current Project Management processes:
- Bring forward recommendations based on best practices (PMBOK/ITIL).
- Look for opportunities for improvement.
- Continue to build the value the IT-PMO provides to IT and the organization.