Senior Business Analyst to support solutions on the Retail Risk Analytics platform for large financial bank - 32241
Our client is looking for a Senior Business Analyst to support solutions on the Retail Risk Analytics platform for large financial bank - 32241
Location Address: Hybrid (1x/week on site), Toronto
Duration: 12 months, possibility of extension
Business group: The Retail Risk Analytics Engineering (RRAE) team supports various stakeholders Global Risk Management (GRM) - Retail Models and Analytics Team, Regulatory Capital, IFRS9 provisioning & Enterprise stress Testing team in the implementation of regulatory and non-regulatory initiatives, utilizing both Agile and Waterfall approaches.
- RRAE team is seeking a seasoned Technical Business Analyst to navigate and drive resolution of complex business problems to support critical business application – Retail Risk Analytical Platform.
- Oversee Month-end and Quarter-end production run pr for business-critical application - Retail Risk Application Platform (RRAP).
- Work in coordination with operational support, various application teams and business stakeholders to ensure platform remains resilient and efficient, and SLA requirements are met.
- Triage issues throughout its lifecycle in a timely manner (from Root cause analysis to problem resolution), often working in close collaboration with various business and technical stakeholders.
- Provide input and analysis details in incident management meetings for respective issues/defects, ensuring the user community requirements are communicated and effectively resolved in a timely manner.
- BA will be involved in application monthly change/release deployment process activities, and will be involved in all relevant aspects of the SDLC process (from requirements gathering and documentation to testing and deployment)
- Collaborate with business, developers and other BAs on monthly enhancements to improve the stability and performance of the application and processes. This will include understanding key process flows/pain points and recommend enhancements/improvements to existing processes.
- 10+ years’ relevant experience as a Technical BA
- 4-5+ years’ recent hands-on experience writing, reading and constructing advanced SQL queries independently
- Advanced experience in data analytics using SQL to triage complex issues.
- Experience with Project related tools (e.g. Confluence, JIRA), processes, and the SDLC lifecycle
Nice to Haves:
- Retail product experience and associated risk models is an asset (PD,EAD, LGD models for Mortgage, Credit Card)
- Working knowledge of SAS, Informatica, DataStage, or Python are an asset
- Database Systems: Hive/Hadoop, DB2 is an asset
Best vs Average: The best candidates will have extensive BSA experience (strong SQL and data analytics) and would be great communicators to communicate with stakeholders (written and verbal). Retail Risk knowledge will also help in finding the optimal fit for this role. Ideal candidates would be accountable, work independently, and be willing to learning new tools on the job.
Degrees or certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required.