Senior Business Systems Analyst to ensure the continued operation of critical applications during all the development changes
Job Type: Contract
Positions to fill: 1
Start Date: Nov 28, 2022
Job End Date: Mar 31, 2023
Pay Rate: Daily: Negotiable
Job ID: 125171
Our public sector client requires an Enhanced Reliability Cleared Senior Business Systems Analyst to ensure the continued operation of critical applications during all the development changes within the public sector. The resource will work with the development team and the business representatives, in an Agile manner to make decisions and deliver upgrades and/or enhancements to the live environment. The candidate will need to establish knowledge of business processes through research, to provide the correct decisions to be made for the product development. They will need to demonstrate the research and how it points to the correct decisions, develop a proper roadmap, and provide other reporting to management as needed.
- In collaboration with the Business Owners, setting, prioritizing, and accepting the work generated by a team in order to ensure the most valuable and proper functionality of the product.
- Working with the various subject matter experts to gather feature requests, schedule releases, coordinates sprints, determine what features will be in the product releases.
- Bridging the gap between the development team and the business or user community; collaborate closely with both groups to ensure there is a clear understanding of what features are needed in the product or application.
- Developing and maintaining a strong understanding of the businesses and their varying needs (as there are multiple Product Owners with varying needs).
- Keeping Business Owners and Management apprised of status and getting their feedback to incorporate into future sprints and or overall system improvement.
- Solve product related problems, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments and the roadmap.
- Work with project coordinator, project manager and other stakeholders to update project documentation.
- Develop awareness, training, and communication programs for both internal staff and other stakeholders.
- Establish coordination activities with internal and external stakeholders and establish actual and potential dependencies.
- Develop and implement monitoring activities and performance management.
- Understanding user and functional requirements, derived from business requirements for the development of the system, and create user stories for the development team.
- Validating proposed designs and workflows, and communicating findings to stakeholders and at scrum events (e.g., review, grooming sessions).
- Performing education and awareness raising among stakeholders through various means, e.g., coaching / training sessions.
- Working in close collaborating with the UX designer, subject matter experts, and Product Owners to deliver a tool that is intuitive, easy to use, and that meets roadmap and program outcomes.
- Preparing and maintaining plans, charts, tables, and diagrams to assist in analyzing or displaying problem, work with a variety of project management tools.
- Experience developing roadmaps
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience with DevOps