Senior Cloud Data Architect to implement complex large scale Data Warehouse, Data Lake, and Lakehouse initiatives
Contract: 13 months (till Dec 31st, 2024)
1. University degree in applied sciences such as Computer Sciences, Systems Design, Engineering, Business or a combination of education, training, and experience deemed equivalent
2. 6+ years of solution architecture/solution design experience, ideally with experience in large enterprise environments, including hands on experience Azure Synapse, Guidewire Suite
3. 4+ years of solution architecture/solution design experience in a modern data lake/warehouse environment with knowledge of data/business vault, star schema, snowflake, and lakehouse methodologies, operating in the Azure ADLS Gen 2, Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Synapse, Snowflake, etc. or similar environments, and with familiarity with SCD Types and usage
4. Excellent knowledge of RDMBS and SQL– Oracle and SQL Server relational databases, and experienced in the use of XML, Web Services, and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) technologies for application and systems interoperability including sftp/mft, and event driven architectures
5. Experience producing target solution architecture, as-is documentation, and to-be blueprints
1. 8+ years progressively senior experience in Information Technology with a solid background in technology/infrastructure architecture, planning, design, development, and implementation
2. 6+ years of solution architecture/solution design experience, ideally with experience in large enterprise environments, including hands on experience PeopleSoft ERP
3. Strong knowledge in Data Governance concepts and technologies including IBM cloud pak for data.
4. Experience in the Insurance industry including the Accord reference model is a plus background accord models
5. Expert knowledge of data patterns to support architectures and data management concepts/processes including ETL/ELT, Data Mesh, date lake, data lakehouse, data warehouse, data streaming, data virtualization, etc.
6. Strong understanding of data modeling (dimensional, data vault, etc.) principles and techniques based on established methodologies including semantic models and business views.).
7. Strong knowledge of data governance framework principles and vendor platforms (e.g., Collibra, Informatica EDC/Axon)
8. Experience with data manipulation and visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau etc.
9. Strong knowledge of SQL and demonstrated ability to apply SQL to a wide variety of business requirements.
• Strong Knowledge of ETL frameworks using Azure Data Factory and Databricks Notebooks as well as standards and best practices of ETL development.
10.Strong knowledge in data warehousing concepts and data platforms (e.g., Snowflake, Databricks)
11.Strong knowledge of Azure-based architecture and services such as RBAC, AAD, VM, ADLS, Azure DevOps, and Events hub.
12.Proficient in building secure architecture using: Encryption, Azure key vault, Access control, Network security, and Advanced data security.
13.Demonstrated experience deploying data solutions in Big Data platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.).
• Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
• Experience working within multidisciplinary, distributed, and collaborative environments.
14.Knowledge of Zachman and/or TOGAF architecture frameworks including business, information, application, technology, and security architectures
15.Experience leading technical projects, with design and deployment of significant application n-tiered architecture
16.Knowledge and expertise in the principles of, practices, and latest concepts in Enterprise Architecture, Project Management methodologies, and solution development lifecycle with the ability to promote a coherent corporate approach to enterprise architecture
17.Strong oral and written communication techniques to prepare reports, reviews, briefing materials and correspondence; presentation skills to present information and findings, options and recommendations to senior officials and managers, ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively and in a user-friendly manner; maintain a high level of customer service to both internal and external clients