Senior Cloud Specialist to deliver a FinOps analysis for a large government department
Our public sector client requires a Secret Cleared Senior Cloud Specialist to assist with executing and delivering FinOps analysis. The resource will act as a subject matter expert to guide and provide recommendations to drive optimal use of cloud resources.
- Relevant experience in IT or Finance management, with 3+ years in cloud
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure and public cloud concepts
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, and Azure) AND relevant FinOps, or Cloud Financial Management
- Ability to establish IT cost management strategies, models, processes, and tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, consultative, and facilitation skills, along with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience Developing Cloud Funding Model in close partnership with Financial Strategy Branch, Digital Strategy Team, and IT Operations Branch, and solicited support from executive management
- Hands-on experience with cloud-based services, API development, budgetary meetings, influencing development teams, and working with finance for cloud spend forecasting and anomaly identification.
- Familiarity with FinOps Principles, Capabilities, and Well Architected Cloud Framework
- Secret Security Clearance
- Previous experience delivery FinOps Assessments